NEXT STEP

Spotify will only play through the MAC Internal Speakers, not USB mixer

Solved!

Spotify will only play through the MAC Internal Speakers, not USB mixer

Plan:Premium

Device

iMac 2017 

Monterrey 12.2.1

I have been using the IOS desktop client for a number of years now and out of nowhere yesterday it started playing only through the iMac internal speakers. now for the last 2+ year I have been using a Rodecaster Pro connected via USB as my main audio output. I have the setting set the RodeCaster and everything except for Spotify will play though the monitor speakers. I have removed and reinstalled the software and changed the setting and nothing will fix it. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @oldschooledge,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

First of all, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This involves clearing all app data and cache before reinstalling. Follow this Guide. This will assure that you're running the latest version of the app.

After that check the Sound Output settings and make sure that your Rodecaster Pro is set as the default device again under System Preferences ---> Sound ---> Output.

You can also check if you've recently routed the sound for Spotify to go through a third party software for casting/ mixing etc. and reset that. Some users have discussed this here.

If none of that helps, can you check if Spotify plays as expected from the Web player?

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Can you give precise  instructions for  this project. 

Im not sure what you are asking, I am trying to fix the issue so I don't instructions.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 4.47.58 PM.png
Marked as solution

Hey @oldschooledge,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

First of all, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This involves clearing all app data and cache before reinstalling. Follow this Guide. This will assure that you're running the latest version of the app.

After that check the Sound Output settings and make sure that your Rodecaster Pro is set as the default device again under System Preferences ---> Sound ---> Output.

You can also check if you've recently routed the sound for Spotify to go through a third party software for casting/ mixing etc. and reset that. Some users have discussed this here.

If none of that helps, can you check if Spotify plays as expected from the Web player?

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Ended up being the LoopBack issue that was mentioned in another thread. Thank you. 

Hey @oldschooledge,

Thanks for posting here.

Glad to hear that everything is running as expected again.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Hi. I'm having the same problem, I think. Spotify on my Mac plays through my USB audio interface from a browser, but not from the app. You said it was a "LoopBack issue."  What other thread were you referring to?

Suggested posts