Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When selecting from playlist without shuffle on, Spotify queues entire playlist from track 1

When selecting from playlist without shuffle on, Spotify queues entire playlist from track 1

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook air mid 2013, 

Operating System

MacOS 10.14.1, 1.0.93.242.gc2341a27

My Question or Issue

When selecting a song from a ~130 entry playlist, regardless of what track of the playlist is selected, the queue will automatically override the default behaviour of playing all successive tracks (shuffle is off) from that location and instead queues the entire playlist from track 1. You can actually watch the queue mysteriously overwrite your queue 10 seconds after selecting a track.

In my case I have no other devices on the account, and even tried remotely logging all devices out. No help. I simply cannot make spotify play tracks in order from my playlist unless I start at track one.

If it matters, I am using Spotify connect to stream to a PS4

2 Replies

I have this annoying problem too, streaming to a Marshall speaker.

Spotify version is: 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c

What gives?

Hey @stefgeiger.

Thanks for reaching out to us - we'll be glad to help 🙂

We noticed that you're on an older version of the desktop app. Would you mind downloading the latest version of the app (1.0.94) from this link? Hopefully that should fix things.

@Earpeace - I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need any further help.

Suggested posts