Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Delete queue button has disappeared

Hey ! I'm on Mac High Sierra and I have a premium account. The delete button of the queue has disapared so I can't delete the next songs... Any one woudl have a solution to make it appear again ? I've tried several restarts...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hey !  I'm on Mac High Sierra and I have a premium account.    The delete button of the queue has disapared so I can't delete the next songs...    Any one woud...
  • Kongenakaguden
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mix favorites - How do I find those after I favorite them?

Plan = PremiumCountry = USA DeviceMacBook AirOperating SystemiOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) My Question or Issue:I like a lot of songs in my Daily Mixes by clicking the 'heart' icon, but now I don't know where I can find those songs. I see they are not ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan = Premium Country = USA   Device MacBook Air Operating System iOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)   My Question or Issue: I like a lot of songs in my Daily Mixes by clicking the 'h...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Favorites
    heart
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac Mojave Update = Spotify Dead

Anybody else finding that Spotify is completely incapacitated with the Mojave update? Is there a plan to remedy this? I no longer have access to my library, can't search and can't browse on my Mac.

• Casual Listener
  • Anybody else finding that Spotify is completely incapacitated with the Mojave update? Is there a plan to remedy this? I no longer have access to my library, can't search and can't browse on my Mac.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cursing ad

Free/PremiumUSA Device(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10) Listening to spotify at school with students, an ad comes on and says f***ing. Really? I won't be able to listen to Spotify if this is going to happen. Can we turn off explicit language? Why wou...

•   Free/Premium USA   Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10)   Listening to spotify at school with students, an ad comes on and says f***ing.  Really? I won't be able ...
  • amahler
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

App Crashes as soon as it tries to open

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemSierra 10.12.6 My Question or Issue Spotify App crashes as soon as it starts to open. Can't even get it to load before it crashes. Have done a couple fresh reinstalls by deleting app, C...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System Sierra 10.12.6   My Question or Issue  Spotify App crashes as soon as it starts to open. Can't...
  • g-rod_7
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Artifacts in "Hold On, I'm Comin'" by Sam & Dave (12-18s, 36-37s,...)

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 6S, iPad Pro, iMac 27" late 2015)Operating System(MacOS 10.12, iOS 12.0.1) My Question or IssueNoticed it on the main speakers and listened with my Sennheiser's HD280 Pro's and the bass has popping sounds on 12-18s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device (iPhone 6S, iPad Pro,  iMac 27" late 2015) Operating System (MacOS 10.12, iOS 12.0.1)   My Question or Issue Noticed it on the main speakers ...
  • roamingseer
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New song search comes up on iPhone but not on Mac desktop

Plan FreeCountry CanadaDevice iPhone 7Operating System Mac desktop, mid 2010, OS High Sierra, 10.13.6I searched for a new song/album on my phone's Spotify app and it came up. Went over to my desktop to have a good listen and, it doesn't turn up there...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Canada Device iPhone 7 Operating System Mac desktop, mid 2010, OS High Sierra, 10.13.6 I searched for a new song/album on my phone's Spotify app and it came up...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting after searching for a song

I use Spotify Premium on all my 3 devices, MacBook Pro, IPad and my mobile. Yesterday I was able to sort after searching for a song but all of a sudden, I am unable to sort after searching for a song. I am able to sort my playlists. Any help would be...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify Premium on all my 3 devices, MacBook Pro, IPad and my mobile.   Yesterday I was able to sort after searching for a song but all of a sudden, I am unable  to sort after sear...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Mojave Touchbar Support

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacBook Pro 2016Operating SystemMojave My Question or IssueSince upgrading my laptop to Mojave, spotify support on the touchbar is worse.Before, the Play icon would change to a Pause icon while media was playing. The button...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device MacBook Pro 2016 Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue Since upgrading my laptop to Mojave, spotify support on the touchbar is worse. Before, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs skipped/played randomly

I'm experiencing a really annoying problem on Spotify for Mac (Premium, version: 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d): songs are skipped randomly after 30-40 seconds and songs I've never heard are randomly played. I've already tried to reinstall the app, I've resta...

• I'm experiencing a really annoying problem on Spotify for Mac (Premium, version: 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d): songs are skipped randomly after 30-40 seconds and songs I've never heard are randomly pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Populating Spotify with my own library

I'm keen to move away from self-hosting mp3s/FLACs on a dedicated server, for ease of sharing among my friends, streaming on any device, and myriad other reasons. What I would like to know, though, is... is there a way of automatically populating Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm keen to move away from self-hosting mp3s/FLACs on a dedicated server, for ease of sharing among my friends, streaming on any device, and myriad other reasons.   What I would like to know, ...
  • MariaSmith23
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast - Overview New Episodes

I'm happy abou the Podcast feature, but i'm missing an overview where i can find new episodes from the show i'm subribed to. I don't want to open each show one by to check if there are fresh episodes. Please add this feature!

• Casual Listener
  • I'm happy abou the Podcast feature, but i'm missing an overview where i can find new episodes from the show i'm subribed to. I don't want to open each show one by to check if there are fresh episodes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist starts again

PremiumUnited Kingdom DeviceiMac Late 2013Operating SystemmacOS 10.13.6 High Serria My Question or IssueWhen listening to the 'New Music Friday UK' playlist if a new song is added the playlist starts over again. It's annoying as it can often take a w...

• Premium United Kingdom   Device iMac Late 2013 Operating System macOS 10.13.6 High Serria   My Question or Issue When listening to the 'New Music Friday UK' playlist if a new song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download Spotify on my Mac anymore

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceMacbook Pro (2013)Operating System(iOS) My Question or Issue When I’m trying downloading the desktop app on my MacBook, the computer tells me that the file is damaged. I’ve tried many methods like deleting everything sp...

• Plan Premium Country Norway   Device Macbook Pro (2013) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue  When I’m trying downloading the desktop app on my MacBook, the compute...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] No album artwork?

I'm currently using Premium on a late 2013 Macbook Pro, and for quite a while now, the desktop version of Spotify doesn't show any album artwork except for the Now Playing artwork in the bottom left [screenshot attached]. I've tried logging out and b...

• Casual Listener
  •  I'm currently using Premium on a late 2013 Macbook Pro, and for quite a while now, the desktop version of Spotify doesn't show any album artwork except for the Now Playing artwork in the b...
  • CSparks
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • album artwork
    Mac Desktop
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Crossfades tracks when set to disabled

PlanPremium CountryUnited States Current DeviceMacbook Pro (late 2013) Current Operating SystemmacOS 10.13.4(May be happening on other systems - have not payed enough attention on my Windows desktop) My IssueTracks are crossfading as if it is set for...

• Plan Premium   Country United States   Current Device Macbook Pro (late 2013)   Current Operating System macOS 10.13.4 (May be happening on other systems - have not payed en...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

erreur 11 - problème de connection

Suite à un récent nettoyage de Mon MacBook Air, j'ai été déconnectée de l'application spotify. Au moment ou j'essaye de me connecter (via facebook) ce message apparait: J'ai essayé de désisntaller, et réinstaller l'application plusieurs fois, ainsi q...

Capture d’écran 2018-10-24 à 11.36.26.png
  •    Suite à un récent nettoyage de Mon MacBook Air, j'ai été déconnectée de l'application spotify. Au moment ou j'essaye de me connecter (via facebook) ce message apparait:  J'ai es...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not downloading IOS 2018

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceIPhone 7, IMacOperating SystemIOS 11 My Question or Issue Ive made this thread because all other local files not downloading questions are outdated or not for mac. Right ive tried this:- Turn off firewall- Using hotspot to ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device IPhone 7,  IMac Operating System IOS 11   My Question or Issue  Ive made this thread because all other local files not downloading questi...
  • -henners05-
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
    Local files not downloading 2018
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle not working for Songs or Daily Mix

Shuffle isn't working on Songs or Daily Mix. Did you discontinue it? I've included a screen shot so you can see the shuffle option is blurred out. Not happy about this. PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMac DesktopOperating SystemMac Sierra 10.12 My Questi...

• Casual Listener
  • Shuffle isn't working on Songs or Daily Mix. Did you discontinue it? I've included a screen shot so you can see the shuffle option is blurred out.  Not happy about this.   Plan Premium ...
  • frapo
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with OS X Spotify player and Sonos Connectivity

Hi, I'm running the following: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6Spotify 1.0.91.183.g259b84fa For some reason, I'm unable to successfully connect to my Sonos system (pair of Play:1s). I've tried uninstalling Spotify and re-installing the app; unplugging and res...

• Hi, I'm running the following:   OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 Spotify 1.0.91.183.g259b84fa   For some reason, I'm unable to successfully connect to my Sonos system (pair of Play:1s). I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes