Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Não consigo efetuar o pagamento

Coloco os dados do endereço de cobrança, na hora de colocar os dados do cartão, ele volta para a página dos dados do endereço, e assim fica em um ciclo. Como posso resolver isso? (Obs: já tentei pelo celular, computador nas guias normal e anônima)

• Coloco os dados do endereço de cobrança, na hora de colocar os dados do cartão, ele volta para a página dos dados do endereço, e assim fica em um ciclo. Como posso resolver isso? (Obs: já tentei pelo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs are not connecting to the album it is part of

I have downloaded songs for a greyed out album that I wanted to listen to. I have correctly named the song files to the album on spotify, but when I go to listen to the track it is not linked to the album. I then checked my local files and noticed th...

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.18.15 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.18.43 pm.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded songs for a greyed out album that I wanted to listen to. I have correctly named the song files to the album on spotify, but when I go to listen to the track it is not linked to the ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files total Duration is over inflated

Have this issue?I did. Here's how i fixed it. Rogue file entries in format ._xxxx appear, blowing out the duration count and killing the desktop app These Apple double files are created when these files were stored on a non Mac file system. In my cas...

LYNfVYM1.jpg
  • Regular
  • Have this issue? I did.  Here's how i fixed it.   Rogue file entries in format ._xxxx appear, blowing out the duration count and killing the desktop app   These Apple double ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MacBook Pro play/pause/skip buttons control iTunes after wakeup

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceMacBook Pro 2017 13 inchOperating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or Issue I often leave my computer to sleep with Spotify still open (and iTunes closed). When I wake the screen back up and press the "play" button on my...

•   Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device MacBook Pro 2017 13 inch Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue   I often leave my computer to sleep with Spotify ...
  • Purevibe
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Airplay on the Mac desktop app

PlanPremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceiMacOperating SystemMacOS 10.14.1 (18B75) My Question or Issue I would like to hav an airplay icon in the spotify-app itself.I know I can use airplay like this.But then are all the sounds of my mac send to my airplay s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Belgium Device iMac Operating System MacOS 10.14.1 (18B75)   My Question or Issue  I would like to hav an airplay icon in the spotify-app itself. ...
  • gieljnssns
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

[Desktop][Mac] Touch bar actions

Guys, it is possible to add a like/dislike button to the touchbar integration, i use it a lot

•   Guys, it is possible to add a like/dislike button to the touchbar integration, i use it a lot
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Touchbar
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" Autoplay Issue

PlanPremiumUS DeviceMacbook Pro Operating SystemiOS High Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI'll be playing a playlist (either shuffled or not), and every other song (or even every song) it'll stop playing and display a "Can't play the current song" ...

• Plan Premium US   Device Macbook Pro    Operating System iOS High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue I'll be playing a playlist (either shuffled or not), and every o...
  • castilla8
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

macOS offline storage destination changing issue

Premium, Philippine, macOS 10.14.1 Problem here such. It is not possible to change the raspoloyeny Spotify folders (which to change in settings), I try to transfer it just to the second (multimedia) hard drive where all data have to remain. More prec...

• Premium, Philippine, macOS 10.14.1   Problem here such. It is not possible to change the raspoloyeny Spotify folders (which to change in settings), I try to transfer it just to the second (mu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Daily Mix scrambled at each "love" or "dislike"

Hi all, Since a few days ago, any "Daily Mix" (I have 6 of them now) changes entirely (even the list of songs previously played, which is entirely odd and plainly wrong) at each "love" and "dislike". What is worse is that the underlying queue seems u...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi all,   Since a few days ago, any "Daily Mix" (I have 6 of them now) changes entirely (even the list of songs previously played, which is entirely odd and plainly wrong) at each "love" and "...
  • gioprimus
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cover art and friend feed issues

PlanFreeCountryNZDeviceMacbook 2017Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueThe cover art isn't showing and the friend feed is unavailable and always says "failed to load". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app - nothing changed. I al...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country NZ Device Macbook 2017 Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue The cover art isn't showing and the friend feed is unavailable and always says "failed to ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Merge iTunes local library with Spotify albums

I have a new Spotify premium subscription, so I may not have some of the terminology right - I'm still trying to figure out how things work. I have a large iTunes library on my computer; I have linked it to my Spotify library as Local Files. What I w...

• I have a new Spotify premium subscription, so I may not have some of the terminology right - I'm still trying to figure out how things work.   I have a large iTunes library on my computer; I h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Stations Disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone X and iMac Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueToday, I noticed that none of my stations are being displayed either on my desktop, iPhone X, and web player. On the desktop and iPh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States  Device iPhone X and iMac  Operating System macOS High Sierra 10.13.6   My Question or Issue Today,  I noticed that none of my station...
  • mjaeky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix Not Loading More Songs on Desktop

Plan Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone 7 & MacBook Pro mid-2013) Operating System MacOS My Question or Issue I really enjoy Spotify's Daily Mixes, however I'm running into a problem when listening on my laptop - the Daily Mixes just end when I li...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device (iPhone 7 & MacBook Pro mid-2013) Operating System MacOS   My Question or Issue I really enjoy Spotify's Daily Mixes, however I'm...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release Radar is gone off track and is including music I don't like.

Release Radar is showing me artists I don't follow. This is why I liked things before when you could just get updates on specific artists. Then Spotify changed that all, and now the new method is broken.

• Regular
  • Release Radar is showing me artists I don't follow.  This is why I liked things before when you could just get updates on specific artists. Then Spotify changed that all, and now the new meth...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Display offset

PlanPremiumCountry USDevice( Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Mac OS Mojave) My Question or IssueThe duration doesn't display under clock icon

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 3.00.52 PM.png
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device ( Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Mac OS Mojave)   My Question or Issue The duration doesn't display under clock icon
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists in 'Library>Artists'-page

First off, I'm not quite sure if I'm in the correct section right now for this. I'd love to have an overview of my favorite artists which is easily/visibly accessible in the menu. For now, the artists only show up on this page will only show when I s...

• Casual Listener
  •   First off, I'm not quite sure if I'm in the correct section right now for this.   I'd love to have an overview of my favorite artists which is easily/visibly accessible in the men...
  • Mathijsz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Desktop at work keeps switching to my Sonos at home

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiMacOperating SystemMojave My Question or IssueWhen I am listening to Spotify on my work computer, at the office, it continously switches to playing on my Sonos at home. Sometimes I'm not listening to anything an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iMac Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue When I am listening to Spotify on my work computer, at the office, it continously sw...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't play songs I have in my iTunes library

Ok, so follow me here: If I own a song, whether is synced to my library or not, Spotify will not play the same song that they have on their platform. I have disconnected Spotify from iTunes library and reinstalled and it STILL won't let me play a son...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok, so follow me here: If I own a song, whether is synced to my library or not, Spotify will not play the same song that they have on their platform. I have disconnected Spotify from iTunes library a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist description won't save

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice2014 Macbook ProOperating SystemMacOS I've been trying to save my playlist description for a few hours now and it just won't save. It's really important for me to save this description as it has notes about points in the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device 2014 Macbook Pro Operating System MacOS   I've been trying to save my playlist description for a few hours now and it just won't save. It's really ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs Won't Play

Spotify FreeAustralia (iOS 10.13.6, Mac Air) My Question or Issue I can only play songs that are already on my playlists. Any songs which are not previously in my playlists can't be played (eg. reccomended songs, spotify curated playlists, new artist...

• Casual Listener
  •   Spotify Free Australia   (iOS 10.13.6, Mac Air)   My Question or Issue   I can only play songs that are already on my playlists. Any songs which are not previously in my...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes