Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

Solved!

When will 'sort search results by column heading' be restored to Spotify?

"once you do a search, the column headings are unresponsive, regarding sorting by song title or sorting by artist or by album".

This is something I need from the program that should not have been removed.

"I can no longer SORT the search results by song title like I used to every day."

"Unable to SORT after doing a search."

different ways of saying it, but everyone knows it's a problem.

my question, when will it be fixed?

thank you.

130 Replies

Because somebody flagged it as a solution when they shouldn't have. Even if it still worked it was, at best, a workaround, not a solution. Neither are the instructions to revert to the prior version and prevent auto-updates.

The only solution will be when Spotify reimplements the functionality.

Re the long running "sorting by Columns" issue that Spotify seem to have ignored ! . . . . . .

I've just discovered that even the "search:spotify:" prefix workarond, on my account at least, has now stopped working . . . !

Has anybody else got this problem ? . . . . . I use it all the time . . . . and if this is permanent, then the loss of even the prefix workaround may be the straw that breaks the camels back and drives me to cancel and find an alternative way of listening to music ! ! !

Please complain if you feel like me about this issue !

Thanks

Far as I know, the only workaround still working is (1) Create a new playlist (2) Select all songs in the search list (3) Copy them into the new playlist. A bit tedious, but it works.

Also, when there was a lot of information on the artist or a long song title, you used to be able to change column size - you can't anymore, except by changing the size of the Spotify window (but there's a limit to that too).

What it boils down to is that Spotify doesn't want you to find your own music, doesn't want you to create your own playlists. You should listen to the music they select - and pay for it.

How can we mark this as "not solved"?

I guess this doesn't even show up on the "to-do-list" if it's maked as solved.

Should we create a new ticket or does anybody know if there's already a new thread?

Edit:

Fonud one give it "kudos" - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Back-Sorting-in-Search-Results/idi-p/757011

WTF - The developers even killed this workaround in the new version (1.0.2.6.etcetera). 

Hej Guys & Dolls.

I just want to inform you all, that if you want "sorting in search results back" you need to go to this thread:

"https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Back-Sorting-in-Search-Results/idi-p/757011" , and give it a kudos.

Spotify is monitoring that thread and the more kudos it gets, the more we show our dissatisfaction with the lack if this feature.

Share this in your networks if you can and thank you for your help.

Regards Carsten Coach

Unfortunately the link didn't work.  It has "invalid parameters".  I want the sort search facility back so badly!

Just edit the link and remove the quotes at the end.

Still... The thread doesn't state any resolution to the problem.

thanks, that did the trick

I see there are errant quote marks - remove those from the link and you get
there - although th thred is pretty much similar to this.

Yeah.

But this thread isn't monitored. The other one is.

Regards Carsten Coach

They patched this, for whatever stupid **bleep**ing reason. Now there's no way to sort your search results

I do believe I know why they did this: pure greed.

Not only do they no longer allow search result list sorting, but they don't return anywhere near all appropriate search results.  And I believe sincerely that they do this to lower the load on their computers.  When I've asked them to confirm or deny this, all I hear is crickets.

@azz710 wrote:

I do believe I know why they did this: pure greed.

Not only do they no longer allow search result list sorting, but they don't return anywhere near all appropriate search results.  And I believe sincerely that they do this to lower the load on their computers.  When I've asked them to confirm or deny this, all I hear is crickets.

That, and if they make it harder for you to find what you are looking for, the less likely you are to listen to it, so they don't have to pay the streaming royalty. Just my opinion.

It appears that as of the latest update I got yesterday, the "spotify:search:" work-around no longer works. How frustrating! Why are more features being disabled?

Marked as solution

Good news!

You can now sort the column headers in the search results again! If you don't have it yet, you will soon as it rolls out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

OMG FINALLY!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope you're right. If it's true, i'm gonna find you and kiss you.

So far, i don't have it.

EDIT : I finally got it, in the build 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b  (to got the update manually, go to Help>About spotify)

OMG THANKS A LOT

Excellent thanks for listening (or at least just doing it!)

Suggested posts