Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where are offline files stored on Mac

Solved!

Where are offline files stored on Mac

Hello,

I want to know where the offline files are stroeed locally on my mac. Because my disk are very full I think about to link this directory to my mobile disk.

Thanks

ThorQue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

* ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client/storage

is the full path

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You can change the location here in settingsYou can change the location here in settings

Marked as solution

Open the Spotify App on your Mac.

On the left pane you have Browse and Radio, then (title) YOUR MUSIC and at the bottom you see "Local Files".

Click on this, you will see this list will all songs. Click on a title. On the far Right you will see 3 dots. Click on the dots and it will give you the option "reveal in finder".

I just figured this out, not sure if it's the same on your computer.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Paul

14 Replies

Hi. In the Windows version the cache directory is listed in the options - do you have this in the Mac version too?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Generally, the two locations they could be stored at are here -

* ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
* ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify

Airhorn Enthusiast

I just convertet to premium. 

where are the files stored.

does it really work?

best

Jerry

nothing you guys suggested works, i had to cancel premium because you idiots dont know how to keep your **bleep**ing apps running. still freezes at log in and now im fed. GOING TO RHAPSODY !!!!!!

Marked as solution

* ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client/storage

is the full path

I think Apple or Spotify have changed this since you posted. The only files in my Caches folder are com.Apple.somethingorother. 

Marked as solution

You can change the location here in settingsYou can change the location here in settings

path in OS X Sierra is not found.

Yup bleedin sort it out guys. Where are my playlists god damnit!!

i changed the location and now there are only some folders in it and i dont have the musics

Marked as solution

Open the Spotify App on your Mac.

On the left pane you have Browse and Radio, then (title) YOUR MUSIC and at the bottom you see "Local Files".

Click on this, you will see this list will all songs. Click on a title. On the far Right you will see 3 dots. Click on the dots and it will give you the option "reveal in finder".

I just figured this out, not sure if it's the same on your computer.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Paul

what happens if you don't have any folder titled 'storage'? all i have once i get to com.spotify.client is 'Data', 'fsCacheData', and 'Browser'. What do I do if the storage folder isn't there? What do I doooooooooo!?!!

They must have changed it again because I don't have Cache listed there...

Having the same problem.

It's hard to find and use the local files.

Also, even if my playlists show "Downloaded.", I couldn't find out where they are.

Suggested posts