Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify keep pausing on Macbook and Android?

Why does Spotify keep pausing on Macbook and Android?

I can't believe that I have to post this question in 2020. I see this issue has been spinning around in the entire universe since 2015 or so. I know some of you are bored to see this question.

Spotify keeps (randomly) pausing on both my laptop (Macbook Air) and mobile phone (Android).

I tried every answer that I can possibly find on the internet. Logging in-and-out, clearing cache and cookies, and adjusting the music quality. FYI, I'm in a premium account, not listening to any streaming content, normal internet connection (I say it's "normal" because I can watch youtube for hours without having any issue with the same connection). 

What should I do?

3 Replies

I have the same problem on mac and iphone

I have the same problem.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

To everyone experiencing issues with the playback, it's a good idea to first try out the steps that @KrisBali89 mentioned - logging out and back in, clearing the cache and cookies and adjusting the music quality.

If that doesn't fix things, we recommend to disable hardware acceleration in the Advanced Settings menu on desktop devices. If the issue persists, it might be due to corrupted installation files. Such problems are usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall using the steps here. Be sure to also restart your device between installations. This is a simple, but often overlooked step.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts