Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2012)

Operating System

10:13:6 High Sierra

My Question or Issue

Two days ago the option to select my Yamaha RX-V479 amp disappeared from the Spotify app on my Macbook Pro and all the other Mac, iPhones and my son's Android phone. The amp works over airplay as normal but Connect facility is gone.

I've tried restarting and updating the amp, restarting the router, connecting via ethernet cable and back to wi-fi, changing DNS server setting, disabling DCHP. So far about 4 hours wasted.  

I'm stuck for what to try next, other than cancelling my Spotify subscription. Connect was my main listening method. Anyone else having this issue or got any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved it with a factory reset and network update of the Yamaha amp. I found out how to do this on YouTube.  Power on whilst holding down the "Straight" button, toggle the "Programme" button to get to "Initil-All" then hit Power button again. After this, connected to wi-fi and display showed that a factory update was available. Got the update and Spotify Connect now works as it should with the amp showing in "Available Devices". I also found this web page which may help some people (although may be a bit out of date) : Yamaha Support Page

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Solved it with a factory reset and network update of the Yamaha amp. I found out how to do this on YouTube.  Power on whilst holding down the "Straight" button, toggle the "Programme" button to get to "Initil-All" then hit Power button again. After this, connected to wi-fi and display showed that a factory update was available. Got the update and Spotify Connect now works as it should with the amp showing in "Available Devices". I also found this web page which may help some people (although may be a bit out of date) : Yamaha Support Page

Suggested posts