Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

album cover art not showing

Solved!

album cover art not showing

Plan Premium

Country Canada

Device: Macbook Pro 11,5 2015, MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, Spotify 1.1.31.703.g256add22

My Question or Issue

A few days ago (I think Thurs., April 30) suddenly the album cover for current song in the lower left corner of the Spotify app stopped showing. I tried everything—resizing, dragging every border and corner every which way, searched all the settings, and trashed and reinstalled the app. Nothing helps. And of course I searched your entire knowledge base but only found old issues and on Windows. Is it my computer or the app? I'm surprised no one else has complained so maybe it's my set up? Or a defect in a recent update?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok I did a full clean reinstall after trashing Spotify Cache and Application Support files and problem solved.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Clean reinstall was not enough for me. I to (on Mac OS) trash Spotify Cache and Application Support files. Only that combination solved the problem for me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Ok I did a full clean reinstall after trashing Spotify Cache and Application Support files and problem solved.

This has been happening to me since Feb. I've done a clean reinstall 5 times. Super weird...

Marked as solution

Clean reinstall was not enough for me. I to (on Mac OS) trash Spotify Cache and Application Support files. Only that combination solved the problem for me.

Suggested posts