Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Sound quality on Mac desktop app

Love the idea of Spotify, just installed on my Macbook Pro and am doing the free 30 day premium trial. I changed the sound quality to High in preferences but it's not very good sound. I'm not running it through anything else, my Mac is connected dire...

• Casual Listener
  • Love the idea of Spotify, just installed on my Macbook Pro and am doing the free 30 day premium trial.  I changed the sound quality to High in preferences but it's not very good sound.  I'm...
  • GFSinPhilly
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting Spotify with playlist after booting

Hi, I want to use my Mac Mini as a Musicplayer. When it boots it should start spotify with a playlist and start playing immediately. How can this be done? RegardsLoo

• Hi,   I want to use my Mac Mini as a Musicplayer.   When it boots it should start spotify with a playlist and start playing immediately.   How can this be done?   Regards ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot add/edit Premium for Family

Hi all, I have a Premium for Family account and want to edit it. But when I try to access that page from my account I get a blank page? This is on a Mac. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Hi all,  I have a Premium for Family account and want to edit it.  But when I try to access that page from my account I get a blank page?  This is on a Mac.   Any ideas?  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Track information in Japanese only for many of Nobuyuki Tsujii's albums

Nobuyuki was a winner at the 2009 Van Cliburn competition. I'd like to listen to more of his music but many of his albums have track information in Japanese. So there's some head scratching to do if I want to figure our what is what. A sample grab of...

BestOfNobuyuki.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Nobuyuki was a winner at the 2009 Van Cliburn competition. I'd like to listen to more of his music but many of his albums have track information in Japanese. So there's some head scratching to do if ...
  • billclassic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

my Spotify is playing song when I don't want them to

if i pause a song it either plays the song or plays a compleaty diffrent song thats in my playlist and when I pause it it plays it again or restarts it

• Casual Listener
  • if i pause a song it either plays the song or plays a compleaty diffrent song thats in my playlist and when I pause it it plays it again or restarts it
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I play on Desktop Speakers AND Wireless in other rooms?

HI, I recently got two of thew new Alexa enabled speakers, called "One" speakers. (Sorry, I am new to the Sonos sphere overall) I have figured out how to group my "Living Room" and "Bedroom" so they play together. However, I can't seem to figure out ...

• Casual Listener
  • HI, I recently got two of thew new Alexa enabled speakers, called "One" speakers. (Sorry, I am new to the Sonos sphere overall)   I have figured out how to group my "Living Room" and "Bedroom"...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No composer info in The Very Best of Helene Grimaud

Not sure if this is the right forum to report this but this album seems to lack composer information.

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure if this is the right forum to report this but this album seems to lack composer information. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Spotify Desktop App (Mac) on speakers attached to AirPort Express

If you wish the desktop Spotify app to connect to your AirPort Express Wi-Fi network (assuming your external speakers are wired to it), do this: In your very top menu bar, go to your sound options: Speaker -> Choose your Airport Express If that doesn...

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 6.53.25 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • If you wish the desktop Spotify app to connect to your AirPort Express Wi-Fi network (assuming your external speakers are wired to it), do this:   In your very top menu bar, go to your sound o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music stops and starts randomly

Hello, I am using Spotify 1.0.70 on macOS High Sierra. For at least the past few months, my music stops and starts randomly while I have the app open. It happens maybe on average once or twice per hour. I already tried unistalling and reinstalling Sp...

• Hello, I am using Spotify 1.0.70 on macOS High Sierra.   For at least the past few months, my music stops and starts randomly while I have the app open. It happens maybe on average o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logitech Craft media keys not working

Hey everyone, I recently got a Logitech Craft keyboard and the media keys have stopped working in Spotify. When I first started using the product I could use the play/pause, next track and previous track buttons to control music whilst Spotify was pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   I recently got a Logitech Craft keyboard and the media keys have stopped working in Spotify. When I first started using the product I could use the play/pause, next track and p...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Daily anguish with Spotify

I am using Spotify on an iMac. I don't have many other active apps. I basically am a really old lady who has had Spotify premium for over 2 years. I like classical music and opera. In the past few months the times when I have had to exit and reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify on an iMac.   I don't have many other active apps.  I basically am a really old lady who has had Spotify premium for over 2 years.  I like classical music and o...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I remove songs from my Local Files in the new Spotify app?

How the ever-living **bleep** **bleep** do I remove songs from my Local Files in the new Spotify app? I was rearranging my files for a bit, and Spotify seems to have been unable to keep up, because even though i only have one of each song on my hard ...

• Casual Listener
  • How the ever-living **bleep** **bleep** do I remove songs from my Local Files in the new Spotify app?   I was rearranging my files for a bit, and Spotify seems to have been unable to keep up, ...
  • Firehorse
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! iPhone, Mac and Spotify Family.

Hello and Season's Greetings. I've been using Spotify happily integrating my iPhone with my Mac - using the phone to control what's playing on the Mac. I've now upgraded to Spotify Family and my partner has Spotify on her iPhone.What do I have to do ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello and Season's Greetings.  I've been using Spotify happily integrating my iPhone with my Mac - using the phone to control what's playing on the Mac.   I've now upgraded to Spotify Fa...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics

Hey,I want to display the lyrics simultaneously, how should I set

• Hey, I want to display the lyrics simultaneously, how should I set
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume keyboard shortcuts granularity way too large on Mac since last update

DescriptionSince last update (1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd), changing volume on Mac using the keyboard shortcuts (Cmd-Up, Cmd-Down) changes the volume by a very large amount (looks like 20%), making the shortcuts less useful. Did not repro on current Windows...

• Regular
  • Description Since last update (1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd), changing volume on Mac using the keyboard shortcuts (Cmd-Up, Cmd-Down) changes the volume by a very large amount (looks like 20%), making the sh...
  • backlund
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 10 likes

[Mac] Proxy set manually works only after program relaunch, Proxy Auto Detect doesn't work

Hello, I'm using Spotify Premium on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. I listen music at home, without proxy and at work, behind a company's proxy. When move from home to work, i switch fast the network setting. Unfortunately, Spotify's proxy setting has to be ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I'm using Spotify Premium on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. I listen music at home, without proxy and at work, behind a company's proxy.   When move from home to work, i switch fast the ne...
  • foobar76
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 15 likes

Playlist "new Tracks available" Notification ?

Hello everybody!Sorry for my bad translation, i hope u will understand my I have an old version of Spotify running on my Windows System that show me numbers on my playlist i follow when new tracks are available! (see picture on the right the small nu...

spotify_alt.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody! Sorry for my bad translation, i hope u will understand my 🙂   I have an old version of Spotify running on my Windows System that show me numbers on my playlist i follow when...
  • CYN3k
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY WEB PLAYER STARTS PLAYING OUT OF THE BLUE

Hi there, I have spotify for around 1 year now, maybe a bit more. About 6 months ago the following problem started: everytime I play music, be it my own playlists or from someone else, sooner or later it just stops playing! when I check it out, it sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I have spotify for around 1 year now, maybe a bit more. About 6 months ago the following problem started: everytime I play music, be it my own playlists or from someone else, soone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

dsfhtrytertg

hfgnvbnvnfgdtqettrhrthfh

• Casual Listener
  • hfgnvbnvnfgdtqettrhrthfh
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to shuffle a playlist?

And I don't mean by pressing the shuffle button. I mean it as in shuffle the order in which the songs in the playlist are displayed. If anyone can help, thank you.

• Visitor
  • And I don't mean by pressing the shuffle button. I mean it as in shuffle the order in which the songs in the playlist are displayed.  If anyone can help, thank you.
  • eduardstula
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 7 likes