Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[bug][macOs][Playlists] Lost addition date on songs added prior to the 1st of February 2019

Solved!

[bug][macOs][Playlists] Lost addition date on songs added prior to the 1st of February 2019

Device

(Macbook Pro)

Operating System

(macOs)

Issue

It looks like the database has pruned on the 1st of February 2019 the song added date information on all the songs on all the playlists created by my account.

This is very annoying as now I'm not able to know when I've added the song to the playlist, which is my favorite sorting method!

Is there any way to recover the lost data?

This is a major flaw and I would like some help either from the community or from Spotify itself as I've been subscribed to Premium since years and this bug is really annoying and would make me go consider switching to Apple Music et similia.

Thanks for the help

Schermata 2019-03-23 alle 08.45.30.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you tried to reinstall the app ?

If you have tried to reinstall and it doesn't change anything, only a screenshot can help us to try to see what happens.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello @junglejunkie and welcome to the community

Sorry to hear about that.

Normally, during 14 days the numbers of days is mentioned like ; one day ago, two days ago etc...

The 15th day, it's the date starting to be mentioned, like : 2019-03-07

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see? Eventually on different devices and OS.

Waiting for your answer,

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

Yes, I know that it shows the date with a different style, but here the date information has been lost. 

This is not happening on the playlists from third parties.

Marked as solution

Have you tried to reinstall the app ?

If you have tried to reinstall and it doesn't change anything, only a screenshot can help us to try to see what happens.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

Ok, I've fixed it! 

It was a Mac-related problem since I had migrated the Spotify app from another Mac.

All I had to do is to quit Spotify app, delete the /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Spotify folder, re-open Spotify and log in again.

No need to uninstall or delete Spotify.app as all the data is located in that library folder.

For sure your comment about reinstalling the app made me think about the solution, so I'll mark your answer as accepted. Feel free to add the actual solution to your answer if you want.

Suggested posts