Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

missing playlist in the left part of the desktop app

Solved!

missing playlist in the left part of the desktop app

Hi !

I subscribed to a public playlist. It is in my library but it doesn't appear in the left section of the Spotify app for Mac computers.

I tried a drag and drop from the library to the left column where playlists are but it failed. I also tried to untick the like icon and setting it back. It still didn't work. It seems that there is no title for that playlist. Maybe that the problem comes from that ? Any help is welcome !

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Shaskalynae,

Thank you for your swift response and for the clarification.

When a playlist is flagged, you can still access it from "your library" and play the songs normally, but it will not display on the creator's or other user's profile. But if the playlist is not yours, the owner of the playlist must complete the previous process in order to "un-flag" the playlist.

In this case, since you have no control over the privacy of that playlist, we'd recommend creating a copy of it in your own account.

To do so, open the desktop app and hit the button Create playlist. Once created, open the affected playlist, select all the songs using the command button + E and drag them to the new playlist you just created. After that, you can rename the new playlist with the name you want (following the Profile and playlist user image guidelines) and you'll have your own playlist, with the same music, but displayed on the left panel 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @Shaskalynae,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, would you mind following a different playlist to see if it shows in the left-side section of your app? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hi !

Thank you for your reply. I removed all caches, the spotify folder in Application support and also the folder in the Saved Application State. But the playlist is still missing. And I just noticed that it doesn't have a name. Could it be the cause of the problem ? I have **bleep** playlists and it's the only one missing.

Spotify for macOS Apple chipset: 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

macOS Monterey 12.6.2

Both up-to-date.

Hey @Shaskalynae,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If the playlist has no name, it's possible that someone has flagged your playlist as violating Spotify's Profile and playlist user image guidelines. To make sure of it, check your inbox and spam folders in your email to see if you have any notification from the Spotify team about that removal. If so, the lower part has instructions to reply within 5 business days.

We'd also recommend changing the name and cover image of your playlist taking the previous guidelines into account to avoid any removal or report.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Hello @OscarDC

Thank you for your reply !

It's not my playlist, it's a playlist that I've subscribed. And I can have access to it through the library, I can listen the songs inside it. Just that it doesn't appear in the left side of the desktop app and I can't drag n' drop it from the library to the left side.

Marked as solution

Hey @Shaskalynae,

Thank you for your swift response and for the clarification.

When a playlist is flagged, you can still access it from "your library" and play the songs normally, but it will not display on the creator's or other user's profile. But if the playlist is not yours, the owner of the playlist must complete the previous process in order to "un-flag" the playlist.

In this case, since you have no control over the privacy of that playlist, we'd recommend creating a copy of it in your own account.

To do so, open the desktop app and hit the button Create playlist. Once created, open the affected playlist, select all the songs using the command button + E and drag them to the new playlist you just created. After that, you can rename the new playlist with the name you want (following the Profile and playlist user image guidelines) and you'll have your own playlist, with the same music, but displayed on the left panel 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

Hello @OscarDC,

Thank you for your reply and yes, I've already made a copy of the playlist. A bit sad because the owner sometimes made some interesting changes. but well, I have no control about it so it's the best solution so far.

Suggested posts