Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 14-inch 2021

Operating System

MacOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

This morning I cannot play any music. Spotify gives me the message "Please turn off offline mode and try again" when offline mode already off. I have internet access, and have tried restarting Spotify and also my internet with no luck.

Uploaded images relevant to the bug.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 9.09.24 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 9.09.35 AM.png
4 Replies

Hey there @struggling-user,

Thanks for the post!

Does the same thing happen on another device? Is this happening in the Spotify app or the web player? 

If it's in the app and you haven't tried already, we suggest giving it a clean reinstall with the steps here as it can help with different performance issues (just keep in mind that you have to re-download your content again afterwards).

Keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

>Does the same thing happen on another device? Is this happening in the Spotify app or the web player? 

No. Works fine on web player or my Android phone.

>If it's in the app and you haven't tried already, we suggest giving it a clean reinstall with the steps here as it can help with different performance issues (just keep in mind that you have to re-download your content again afterwards).

After ~24 hours, the issue self-resolved (without a reinstall, restart of computer, or restart of Spotify). I suspect there was an issue on Spotify side, since other users posted about it yesterday.

BTW, you removed the most relevant screenshot to possible causes of this bug (layoffs.fyi ;).

We can mark as resolved -- thanks!

I am facing the same issue, and it was working just 20 minutes ago. Now, I can't play anything except some cached songs on my 'Liked Songs' folder.

Is there any traces I can provide to help debug? This is on version Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.2.26.1187.g36b715a1.

Hey @mapoulin,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Could you confirm if you've tried the steps suggested in this post and if the same thing keeps happening? We also recommend restarting your router for a few minutes and if there's no change, you can even try with a different internet connection if that's possible.

We'll be on the lookout.

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts