Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This issue has been driving me absolutely insane.

Whenever I try and play a song by The 1975, among others, I'm greeted by the blue banner of shame at the top of the window.

I've deleted and re-installed the app numerous times, signed in and out, tried different wireless networks, cleared the cache, restarted my computer. You name it, I've tried it. But I still can't play certain songs!

I can play the songs that won't work on Mac on my iPad and iPhone.

I can't believe I'm paying for Premium and getting second-rate service.

Any solutions to the aforementioned problem will be greatly appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I found a solution to it. 

Check that you have unchecked the thing in preferences that says about showing songs from itunes, downloads and my music

Then, find /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Spotify/Users/username-user/local-files.bnk by going to Finder, Go, Go to a Folder. 

Delete this file. All old local files will be gone. This is what solved the issue for me so hopefully it will work for you. 

Still think its it’s disgusting that the only help and support system for spotify is asking other members of the public for help. There should be a dedicated support team. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Same issue, same feeling. Please advise, Spotify. 

Marked as solution

I think I found a solution to it. 

Check that you have unchecked the thing in preferences that says about showing songs from itunes, downloads and my music

Then, find /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Spotify/Users/username-user/local-files.bnk by going to Finder, Go, Go to a Folder. 

Delete this file. All old local files will be gone. This is what solved the issue for me so hopefully it will work for you. 

Still think its it’s disgusting that the only help and support system for spotify is asking other members of the public for help. There should be a dedicated support team. 

Suggested posts