Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

tag:new no longer as a valid search query?

tag:new no longer as a valid search query?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro 2017 or 2018

Operating System

MacOS High Sierra10.13.5

My Question or Issue

I'm no longer able to utilize the query of "tag:new" to get all of the new releases.

Snip20180629_96.png
19 Replies

Hey @legendofchin97

Hope you are having a great day!

Unfortunately that feature isn't working anymore 😞

Hope it get's back, maybe it is just temporary.

Have a nice day!

Not working for me anymore either 😞 

Hope the feature comes back, or at least change the New Releases tab to actually include all new releases and in chronological order (which was a frustrating thing about tag:new in that everything was all mixed up by date anyway).

any news on this?

Dear Spotify Team: If you delete the tag:new function I will switch to Apple Music. You keep the "New Music" for weeks and show only the artists and albums that you want. The tag:new search was the only way to look what REALLY new was, the same day that it was published, and one of the only reasons why I keep on using Spotify!! I hope you don't make this big mistake.

Hey,

Hope you are having a great time!

Spotify is always adding/removing features to make using Spotify a better overall experience for their users.

I made sure this feedback is passed to the right folks at Spotify.

You can find new releases tailored to you through the Release Radar, Discover Weekly or New Music Friday playlists 🙂

Have a nice week ahead! 

@Loxer wrote:

Hey,

Hope you are having a great time!

Spotify is always adding/removing features to make using Spotify a better overall experience for their users.

I made sure this feedback is passed to the right folks at Spotify.

You can find new releases tailored to you through the Release Radar, Discover Weekly or New Music Friday playlists 🙂

Have a nice week ahead! 

Hi LorenXK,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for passing on the feedback. 

Whilst I appreciate the playlists you suggested (especially Release Radar), the key word there was that they are tailored to me. They are playlists with songs that Spotify's algorithms predict I will be interested in.

The New Releases section should be exactly what it implies, but it isn't. It is a handful a new music Spotify wishes to promote.

The tag:new search query was something unique which Apple Music failed to provide and was a feature I was happy Spotify provided.

Even though the tag:new search query didn't work 100% as I believe it should (i.e. releases were not in true chronological order and it appeared Spotify was still trying to promote particular content), it still did allow me the free-will to browse all true new releases and discover music for myself.

I don't see any negative from having the tag:new search query, so I do hope Spotify reinstates it.

Krys

I 100% agree.  I don’t want filtered/curated new releases, I found cool stuff by sludging through ALL unfiltered new music.  Am super sad this is gone.

I also 100% agree.  I want the freedom to sift through all new releases and discover new music that I like. I will also stop supporitng spotify should this feature remain unavailable. 

Hello,
Any news here? I also miss this feature and hope it will be implemented back very soon.
Thanks in advance.

I don't know any news, but I started building out something on the spotify api to see if i can at least make a site to do this.  nothing "out in the wild" yet but hopefully next month or so, i'll have "something."  Attached a screenshot of a rough version I have running on my computer.

Literally the only reason I started this was because of this feature being removed, but there's actually a surprising amount of data you could potentially query by: record label, track's "danceability" (sorta wish i was making that up), and other actually helpful stuff like Genre, etc.

Pasted image at 2018_07_31 10_40 AM.png

That would be amazing!

I've waited for one month, more than enough. I'm cancelling my Spotify Premium Subscription right now. Please let me know when the advanced tag search comes again. Bye!

Kind of gutted by the 'tag:new' search gone. It didn't however work 'that great' - it would be awesome to see the new releases without them being 'curated' by Spotifys editorial team or sponsored by the labels. 

tag:new is back! YAY!! Thanks Spotify!

There is a new tag you can use:      tag:hipster

Is a new tag, from the spotify api it says:

"
To retrieve only albums with the lowest 10% popularity, use the field filter tag:hipster in album searches. Note: This field filter only works with album searches."

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/search/search/

What the? Looks like tag:new has been removed again. Can anyone else use it?

Can confirm, its not working for me. 

It has never been a great search term to be honest -  seeing a lot more split territory deals now, especially indie acts and also multiple ISRC codes for major acts according to different countries. 

Feel our expectations are too much for this tag - we want something that would require engineering and product development resources. 

Hey @Krousk and @gsparkera,

To make sure that we can help better troubleshoot this here in the community, I'd suggest starting a new thread here.

I'd also resommend posting there some additional information on what results you used to see when using that search option in the past and what you see now. You can also mention your device info and OS version and the Spotify version you're rocking.

Any screenshots you could include with what you see before and after would be also helpful.

Thanks!

Suggested posts