Country

uk

Device

hp laptop 

Operating 

windows 10

My Question or Issue

A few things that need fixing.......

In full screen mode, countdown timer on the right does not count down. Remains static

Also in full screen mode, only first artist is shown. Any other artists, after comma are not shown.

in main screen, song title in bottom left does not scroll, so can’t see full song title 

Suggestion for play list section...... can there be an option to display them in alphabetical order as in the iPad version

Will let you know if I find more

5 Replies

Hey there @Rigsby1

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for the reply.

I have already done a clean installation, as this is always something I would do as standard.

Secondly, yes when someone logs into their account, the problems still exist.

As you can see in the attached screenshots, in the "home" view, all artists are shown even after a comma, and the right hand side clock is counting down as there is a "-" sign shown, and the track is 3:33 long.

In the full screen view, only one artist is shown, and the right hand clock is not counting down....... no "-" and the track is 3:33 long.

I hope this helps and proves my original message

Screenshot (2).jpg
screen shot.jpg

Hey @Rigsby1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall or when logging in to a different Spotify account we suggest having a look at this thread in our Community blog. This thread is dedicated to reports from users that experience issues after getting the new desktop update. 

Feel free to share your feedback on the new design there or discuss with other users as well. The thread is being moderated by our Desktop team so you can directly place your questions to them. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

As I said in my post, there was no difference after a clean install. Do any of the moderators actually check the problems we advise you of?

Hi @Rigsby1

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If the clean reinstall didn't make the difference, we suggest that you leave your comments on the thread @Ivan sent previously. Since the right teams are still collecting ideas on how to make the Desktop app better and more user friendly, this is the best place to post your comments.

Hope you find this info helpful 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts