Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Local file playback has really bad crackling/noise

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC Windows 10 My Question or IssueSome local files appear to playback with audio crackling. I have a lot of electronic music I've purchased from iTunes and added to Spotify, and in some of the bassier tracks I'm getting som...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some local files appear to playback with audio crackling. I have a lot of electronic music I've purchased fro...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not showing (all of my) songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceASUS ROG Zephyrus G14Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueA few days ago I learned about Local Files and thus uploaded a couple of songs that I liked to my existing playlist. After having no issues for around half...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue A few days ago I learned about Local Files and thus uploaded a couple of songs ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't jump from song to playlist

If I start playing a playlist, then click on a few other playlists, do some searching etc, how can I jump from the song that is playing to the playlist it is playing from? (I could perhaps press the back button until I find the playlist, but if the s...

• Music Fan
  • If I start playing a playlist, then click on a few other playlists, do some searching etc, how can I jump from the song that is playing to the playlist it is playing from?   (I could perhaps p...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some local files greyed out but still saved on PC

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCWindows 10My Question or IssueSince last week, after I bought a new iPhone (been Android user before), I recognized after syncing a few local files from my PC to my phone, that most of them were suddenly greyed out an...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Windows 10 My Question or Issue Since last week, after I bought a new iPhone (been Android user before), I recognized after syncing a few local files fr...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify won't play anything

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevicepc tower I builtOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issueafter having some problems with the Microsoft store version of Spotify I decided to uninstall that version in favor of the standalone windows version of Spotify...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Italy Device pc tower I built Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue after having some problems with the Microsoft store version of Spotify ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bugreport] [Windows] Bug is appearing when you are selecting a track in a playlist.

PlanPremium CountryRussian Federation DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueЗдравствуйте! На днях нашел маленький баг: если нажать на картинку трека, то он выделяется ведь в плейлисте синей рамкой. Так вот, к примеру, я слушаю 5 по ...

Spotify.gif
  • Plan Premium   Country Russian Federation   Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Здравствуйте! На днях нашел маленький баг: если нажать на к...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs from Local Files disappearing every time you turn on the device (Win 10)

A few days ago, most of my synced local songs on my laptop suddenly turned gray (unavailable). On the other hand, the ones that are on my phone works perfectly normal just like downloaded songs. A simple solution I found, is to replace the files with...

FUNNYPOTATO64_0-1605790447213.png FUNNYPOTATO64_1-1605791167424.png
  • Visitor
  • A few days ago, most of my synced local songs on my laptop suddenly turned gray (unavailable). On the other hand, the ones that are on my phone works perfectly normal just like downloaded songs. A si...
  • dnursatrio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop vs iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone XROperating SystemWindows 7 I know it is possible to import songs from my desktop computer to Spotify desktop app through local files. But, will I be able to listen to them in the Spotify app on my iPhone even if...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone XR Operating System Windows 7   I know it is possible to import songs from my desktop computer to Spotify desktop app through local files. But...
  • Tipier
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Low volume after changing audio output

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueLow volume after changing audio output, this only happens for spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Low volume after changing audio output, this only happens for spotify.
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Player at the lock screen

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceHuawei MatebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow to make a player appear as in the photo, in the right corner? It works with other music platforms, so the issue is in Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Huawei Matebook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How to make a player appear as in the photo, in the right corner? It works with ot...
  • themouse1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem sharing a playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi folks - My question is that when I share a playlist via email with a friend, she does see ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi folk...
  • Dade_00
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to go back to playlist that is currently playing to know Playlist Name?

PlanFreeCountryPhilippines DeviceLaptop AcerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I go back to the playlist that I am currently playing to view the Playlist Name and Songs available?If you can see the image I attached, clicking the ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Philippines   Device Laptop Acer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I go back to the playlist that I am currently playing to view the Pla...
  • Qb_Master
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • current
    Windows 10
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! artist profile pictures not opening

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueWhen I open the 'about' tab on an artist's page, and then on 'images' I am not able to click through the images and instead only have a view of the one I clicked on. S...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows10   My Question or Issue When I open the 'about' tab on an artist's page, and then on 'images' I am not able to clic...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stuck at version 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc

PlanSpotify Free PlanCountryDenmarkDeviceAsus Vivobook 14Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs my title implies, my computer (Asus Vivobook) is stuck with the 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc Spotify version. I want it to be the newest version, can a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Spotify Free Plan Country Denmark Device Asus Vivobook 14 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As my title implies, my computer (Asus Vivobook) is stuck with the&nbs...
  • alxndrgbrl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Missing/Unable to be Found

I've been having a strange issue where certain MP3 files are refusing to be detected by Spotify. Even while still in a folder with other files that are currently being detected, they are considered missing whenever Spotify is re-opened. It's almost l...

• Music Fan
  • I've been having a strange issue where certain MP3 files are refusing to be detected by Spotify. Even while still in a folder with other files that are currently being detected, they are considered m...
  • Gulsvart
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    local files
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it possible to trick Spotify into thinking im online?

I currently have a issue, Spotify thinks I'm offline while I'm online.Indeed windows reports that my Internet connection doesn't work.But this is wanted, it is correct that windows says I got "no Internet" while I indeed got internet.I need to trick ...

• Visitor
  • I currently have a issue, Spotify thinks I'm offline while I'm online. Indeed windows reports that my Internet connection doesn't work. But this is wanted, it is correct that windows says I got "no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Newest Spotify update deleted local files?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue New update, new issue! For the past several days (ever since the latest Spotify update), a huge chunk of my local files have been missing. I have changed absolutely nothing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   New update, new issue! For the past several days (ever since the latest Spotify update), a...
  • Xenia
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • local files
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Vanishing playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Dell XPS-13-7390)Operating System(Windows 10.0.19042) My Question or Issue Anyone else seeing playlists disappear when you add or remove one? They reappear instantly when you scroll up or down. Been that way for me for a go...

ElTojo_0-1605539961961.png
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (Dell XPS-13-7390) Operating System (Windows 10.0.19042)   My Question or Issue   Anyone else seeing playlists disappear when you add or remove one...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sometimes When Opening Spotify, The Windows App will play the last played song, can't change songs

PlanPremiumCountryUS DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue Occasionally when booting my computer, Spotify will run into this weird bug where it'll start playing the last played song, usually from my liked music, I can go back, but I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   Occasionally when booting my computer, Spotify will run into this weird bug where it'll sta...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all of my local files will add to Spotify

I'm using a Windows 10 Desktop and for this past week I haven't been able to play most of my local files on Spotify (Only lets me play 25/72). I've gone through many different posts, trying out different solutions and none of them work (I've tried de...

• Visitor
  • I'm using a Windows 10 Desktop and for this past week I haven't been able to play most of my local files on Spotify (Only lets me play 25/72). I've gone through many different posts, trying out diffe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes