Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Very slow to load

PlanPremiumCountrySpain DevicePC CPU I3 3.30GHz- 8 gbOperating SystemWindows 10 64 bits My Question or IssueHi, Spotify takes a long time to load (about 20mn) when I start windows, the other programs respond correctly. I have uninstalled spotify and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain   Device PC CPU I3  3.30GHz- 8 gb Operating System Windows 10 64 bits   My Question or Issue Hi, Spotify takes a long time to load (about 20mn) wh...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems with Cyrillic

PlanFree Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn Favorite songs I have some songs which have names in Cyrillic (Russian, Ukrainian). For example, the song is called Облака. If I type in Filter exactly Облака, I can find it, but when I type ...

• Plan Free   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In Favorite songs I have some songs which have names in Cyrillic (Russian, Ukrainian). For example, the song is called ...
  • gedonis
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I save playlists like My Top Songs 2020 to a file? Windows 10 laptop user.

How can I save playlists like My Top Songs 2020 etc to a readable file?I tried "request personal data" and read all the json files but these lists weren't there.I tried to select playlist of entries on it, control/A, copy/paste to word processor but ...

• Visitor
  • How can I save playlists like My Top Songs 2020 etc to a readable file? I tried "request personal data" and read all the json files but these lists weren't there. I tried to select playlist of...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing Characters in Daily Mix Playlist Covers

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNow that daily mixes are named after artists and not just numbers, any playlist named after a japanese artist (maybe other languages too, not sure) has missing characters in...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Now that daily mixes are named after artists and not just numbers, any playlist named afte...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No more shuffle play

PlanPremiumCountryBelguimDevicePCOperating SystemLatest version of Windows My Question or IssueSo I've been using spotify for some time now, and I've never really had issues with it, until now.For some reason, the big green shuffle play button is jus...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belguim Device PC Operating System Latest version of Windows   My Question or Issue So I've been using spotify for some time now, and I've never really had issues ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Personalized playlist covers do not appear on other users

Hello Spotify Community, i have created covers for all my public playlists myself. Nevertheless, I regularly get screenshots sent to me by friends and other artists where the personalized cover does not show up, but only the first four album covers. ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello Spotify Community,   i have created covers for all my public playlists myself.  Nevertheless, I regularly get screenshots sent to me by friends and other artists where the p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't open Spotify App on Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn startup Spotify shows an error like this. I have tried reinstalling and it worked for 5 minutes. Then it went back to this error when i quit and reopened Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On startup Spotify shows an error like this. I have tried reinstalling and it worked for 5 m...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to add local music files

Hello, Since a few days I can't add local music files to Spotify.I activated it in Spotify settings, but the local files playlist does not appear.Besides that the local files settings looks weird. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify...

maikeeey268_0-1608402783810.png
  • Visitor
  • Hello,   Since a few days I can't add local music files to Spotify. I activated it in Spotify settings, but the local files playlist does not appear. Besides that the local files settings lo...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Songs not playing

Almost every time a song begins to play it stops playing within the first 10 seconds and a notification pops up that the song is unable to be played. This is only happening on my computer and doesn't happen on my phone or anything else. Some songs pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Almost every time a song begins to play it stops playing within the first 10 seconds and a notification pops up that the song is unable to be played. This is only happening on my computer and doesn't...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a the -a is making my Spotify loose information - HELP ?

The update I have has a -a the end and I've lost the ability to see Top 5 Markets and other. Anyone know how to get the -a version off or how to make sure I can see on my laptop as I did before, feels like it's running the APP now, which is less deta...

• Visitor
  • The update I have has a -a the end and I've lost the ability to see Top 5 Markets and other. Anyone know how to get the -a version off or how to make sure I can see on my laptop as I did before, feel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
    Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to get beta app on PC? (Windows 10, from Microsoft Store)

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaOperating SystemWindows 10, Ver. 2004, Built 19041.572App version1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7 (Microsoft Store version)My Question or IssueHow to be a beta tester and get the beta App on Microsoft Store?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Operating System Windows 10, Ver. 2004, Built 19041.572 App version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7 (Microsoft Store version) My Question or Issue How to be a beta tester an...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Embedded podcasts do not play

Hi, I’m having issues with embedding podcast episodes from Spotify to web pages using iframe today. Embedding seems to look okay, but the embedded content will not play. It seems effects both episodes I’ve embedded earlier (and used to work just fine...

Spotify fail.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I’m having issues with embedding podcast episodes from Spotify to web pages using iframe today. Embedding seems to look okay, but the embedded content will not play.   It seems ef...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify (Microsoft Store) works with connected standby ONLY if I let Windows go to sleep on its own

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceSurface Pro 4Operating SystemWindows 10 Autumn Creators Update [1803] My Question or Issue I'm aware there have been posts about this issue before where Spotify does not keep playing music while in Connected Standby ...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Surface Pro 4 Operating System Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update [1803]   My Question or Issue   I'm aware there have been posts about...
  • AndyAndyAndAnd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant listen to any music or podcast

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDevicedell latitude 3460Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueSince yesterday i can´t listen to any song or podcast on my computer, i didrestart the computer, uninstalled and installed again my windows app and loging out...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Mexico Device dell latitude 3460 Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Since yesterday i can´t listen to any song or podcast on my computer, i di...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Escanear Spotify Codes QR en Windows

Plan PremiumCountry ArgentinaDeviceLenovo Legion Y520Operating SystemWindows 10 Problema:Existe alguna posibilidad de escanear los spotify codes qr en windows?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Lenovo Legion Y520 Operating System Windows 10   Problema: Existe alguna posibilidad de escanear los spotify codes qr en windows?  
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix for corrupted song name/album/artist for files from local folders

Hi, If you have followed the "delete index.dat" solution:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Not-all-local-files-showing-up-not-finding-albums-maybe/m-p/1732623#M23721 to fix problems with local files not appearing in Spotify, but are le...

• Hi,    If you have followed the "delete index.dat" solution: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Not-all-local-files-showing-up-not-finding-albums-maybe/m-p/1732623#M23721 ...
  • gedonis
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Cyrillic artists transliterated in desktop apps

PlanFreeCountryRussiaDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 (Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685) My Question or IssueFor some reason artists with Cyrillic names and/or titles are transliterated in desktop apps. language of desktop app is set to ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Russia Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 x64 (Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685)   My Question or Issue For some reason artists with Cyrillic names and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No se reproducen automaticamente los accesos directos de Spotify

Plan PremiumCountry ArgentinaDevice Lenovo Legión Y520Operating System Windows 10 64 bitsApp Windows ProblemaHe realizado varios accesos directos de canciones y álbumes y los mismos no se reproducen de manera automática. Como agravante, la tecla "Ent...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device Lenovo Legión Y520 Operating System Windows 10 64 bits App Windows    Problema He realizado varios accesos directos de...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics won't sync properly

Hey, I'm having this problem with the synchronization. The lyrics will eventually go back to the part where it was when I pressed play. When I click pause, it synchronizes again. What should I do? Related video attached.

• Hey, I'm having this problem with the synchronization.   The lyrics will eventually go back to the part where it was when I pressed play. When I click pause, it synchronizes again. What should...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Displaying the album cover in the player

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueIn the spotify app for PC, the album cover display is hidden in the lower-left corner of the playback bar. How to return it?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue In the spotify app for PC, the album cover display is hidden in the lower-left corner of the playback bar. How to return it? ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes