Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! 'Made for you' page appears cut (only half visible, can't scroll) see attached screenshot

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLenovo T480Operating SystemWindows 10 x64(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHard to put into words, but only the first few playlists in the 'made for you' section are visible, and the last visible...

• Plan Premium Country India Device Lenovo T480 Operating System Windows 10 x64 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hard to put into words, but only the ...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to clear all liked songs from library?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceWindows Surface Pro TabletOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I need to clear all the songs from the "liked songs" section of my library. Previous posts on this site mention that I can navigate to the like...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA  Device Windows Surface Pro Tablet Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue   I need to clear all the songs from the "liked songs" sect...
  • CesarCedeno
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Download quality to computer

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssuePremium now (i.e. Oct 2019) has no quality choice for downloads to a computer. The only choice is for streaming quality.Does this mean that:1. Quality of downloads for offline ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Premium now (i.e. Oct 2019) has no quality choice for downloads to a computer. The only choice ...
  • Arihant15
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

How yto create my own Radio

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueHow to create my own Radio station ?look like it is not possible ... why ? Thank youGregory

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue How to create my own Radio station ? look like it is not possible ... why ?   Tha...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked from Radio vs. Liked songs? No thumbs up or down

When I play a radio from a song or artist on my windows, and I like the song (little heart) it goes to Liked Songs, but not Liked from Radio. I don't see a "like" button anywhere, only a heart, and the option to "save song" which also selects the hea...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play a radio from a song or artist on my windows, and I like the song (little heart) it goes to Liked Songs, but not Liked from Radio. I don't see a "like" button anywhere, only a heart, and t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Ads won't Play

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindowsMy Question or IssueWhenever an ad comes on, it doesn't play and I have to close out of Spotify and reopen it for it to play or for the music to come back.

• Not applicable
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Operating System Windows My Question or Issue Whenever an ad comes on, it doesn't play and I have to close out of Spotify and reopen it for it to play or for the ...
  • Carole101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

All playlists available

PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I want to see all the playlists from the user The Sound of Spotify.In the list of Public Playlistst I only see the first 200 lists, but they have more than 3000 li...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device PC Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue   I want to see all the playlists from the user The Sound of Spotify....
  • Edsworld
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Cant I Play My Playlist Out of Order on Desktop?

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceLeveno Thinkpad x390Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI know on phone, you have limted amount of skips and only can either play your playlist on shuffle or in order, but on desktop, on your playlist there wa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Leveno Thinkpad x390 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I know on phone, you have limted amount of skips and only can either play you...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Family Mix options for the Desktop Version

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to see those different options for the "Family Mix" playlist in the desktop app? On my phone I can choose between "chill" and "upbeat" but I can't find it on my laptop for example.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I was wondering if there is a way to see those different options for the "Family Mix" playlist in the desktop app? On my phone I can choose between "chill" and "upbeat" but I can't find...
  • Georgioooo
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot play any songs

Hi PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHiI cannot play any songs on Spotify, On the desktop app, i get the message "Spotify cannot play this right now". I have searched for a solution but have not found anything ...

• Visitor
  • Hi   Plan Premium Country Australia Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi I cannot play any songs on Spotify, On the desktop app, i get the message "Spotify canno...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Spotify auto starts with windows, though I disabled this feature

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the Last update spotify chsnged my settings and starts automatically everytime windows boots. That makes windows slower on start witch is not desired.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the Last update spotify chsnged my settings and starts automatically everytime wind...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Betterfy

Ok so here's something that's been on my mind lately; Spotify is an amazing tool that has elevated the music industry into the future as well as evolved how we listen to music in general. But at the same time, it severely lacks basic almost 'common s...

• Roadie
  • Ok so here's something that's been on my mind lately; Spotify is an amazing tool that has elevated the music industry into the future as well as evolved how we listen to music in general. But at the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Folder Redirections.... seriously?

How on earth is it that this software still doesn't support folder redirections, or the option to forcefully install locally without always attempting to store stuff in the Roaming folder?

• Casual Listener
  • How on earth is it that this software still doesn't support folder redirections, or the option to forcefully install locally without always attempting to store stuff in the Roaming folder?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Full screen breaks program and no option to change profile picture after update

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceCustom desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro x64 My Question or IssueSince I received an update a few days ago, hitting the fullscreen player button displays a fullscreen black image. The cursor is visible, but nothing else...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Custom desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro x64   My Question or Issue Since I received an update a few days ago, hitting the fullscreen player butto...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    fullscreen
    profile picture
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to play any songs in Spotify Desktop App

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceAcer Aspire V15 NitroOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify app cannot play any song. It just gives an error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify app cannot play any song. It just gives an error message "Spoti...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot see songs in my playlists

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI cannot see songs in any playlists on the windows app be it to be Today's top hits or RapCaviar, etc. However, I can see them when I am using a web player. I tried re-i...

Screenshot (6).png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I cannot see songs in any playlists on the windows app be it to be Today's top hits or RapCaviar, ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Responding on Windows

For the past 3 days I haven't been able to open the spotify app on my computer. A message pops up saying "The Spotify application is not responding". 3 days ago, I was on Spotify and then it just stopped working, said no internet connection even thou...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past 3 days I haven't been able to open the spotify app on my computer. A message pops up saying "The Spotify application is not responding". 3 days ago, I was on Spotify and then it just sto...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When copying a playlist several songs are lost

I copied a playlist, but I think that a previous version of the playlist was copied, and now I have lost many songs on that playlist. It has happened many times. I try to copy a certain playlist, but after looking at the copied playlist a moment late...

• Visitor
  • I copied a playlist, but I think that a previous version of the playlist was copied, and now I have lost many songs on that playlist. It has happened many times. I try to copy a certain playlist, but...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is this still not fixed? Spotify keeps auto-starting up with Windows

Every time Spotify desktop client updates, the "Auto-start with Windows" gets toggled back on. This has been a problem with Spotify for years and is still not fixed. Why isn't it fixed? I keep disabling Spotify from startup with Windows, and it keeps...

• Music Fan
  • Every time Spotify desktop client updates, the "Auto-start with Windows" gets toggled back on. This has been a problem with Spotify for years and is still not fixed. Why isn't it fixed? I keep disabl...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer see how many Liked Songs I have

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueUntil recently I could Select All of my Liked Songs and when I dragged it would show how many I currently have in that list (8000+). Now, although I still have that amount it o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Until recently I could Select All of my Liked Songs and when I dragged it would show how many I curr...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes