Premium Family

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My local files keep changing language from English to what looks like Chinese. It has been happening on my account ever since i opened the Premium account (couple of years now I think). I have been looking for a solution but can't find anything on google and must have been searching on here under the wrong headings (My imported music and language issues for example). I have tried a lot of different thing to try and solve this issue including uninstall/re-install/ cleared cache / delete music then reload it, log out, log in, hard reset of the phone. On top of all this Spotify keeps opening and playing while using my blue tooth head set to make a phone calls and I can't seem to turn it off to go back to the call. Now after finally reading others have the same issue and nothing seams to be fixing it, I have had enough. I have tried 4 other streaming services and none of them have this issue. I believe that this is a Spotify issue and they need to get off their butts and fix it. Right now i'm looking at going back to Deezer. At least I will be able to read the names of songs on my play list and wont have my calls interrupted. I might be persuaded to change my mind if you have a solution. I have already tried the ones you have offered to others on here and none of those work.

spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @yards1

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We understand you’ve already tried reinstalling. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the names are also changed in the desktop app?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts