Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding a song to my play queue removes all songs from my play queue, then plays one song only

Adding a song to my play queue removes all songs from my play queue, then plays one song only

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell Ultrabook Latitude E7470

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

As I'm listening to a playlist, I will sometimes add one random song to my queue that is not on the playlist. Every time I do this, my entire queue is deleted except for the song I'm currently listening to, and the random song is not added to the queue at all. From there, I'm unable to listen to more than one song in a queue, even if I'm playing a playlist, like it will only play one song and then stop. No other songs will be listed in the queue. I've restarted my laptop and this does not fix the issue. If I uninstall the app and reinstall it, the issue is fixed until I try to add another random song to the queue I'm listening to and then it happens again. I've tried a clean reinstall, and the same thing. I also listen to Spotify on my iPhone and do not experience this issue on my phone app, so I know it's not my account. How do I fix this entirely so I can continue to add songs to the queue I'm already listening to? 

4 Replies

Hey @Lpotter506,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This experience is odd indeed and I was unable to reproduce it on my PC.

In order for us to understand the exact process leading to the described issue, could you prepare a short screen recording, where the steps to reproduce it are visible?

It's also important, that you try reproducing this issue on a different Windows device with your account. How did that go?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian - apologies for my delay here, went on summer vacation! Here's a screen recording showing me listening to a playlist with over 50 songs queued, then adding a random song to the queue and the entire previous queue being deleted. Then only being able to listen to one song at a time, if it allows me to play a song at all: Screen Capture Video 

I don't have access to any other Windows devices to test on, but I could borrow my boyfriend's Mac laptop. Would that help with troubleshooting?

Thank you so much for looking into this!

Hey @Lpotter506,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Just to confirm, did you check if the inconvenience is present in both the web player and the desktop app? If not sure, it'd be awesome if you could check. 

On another tune, we can't see the video recording you kindly sent us. You can upload the video to YouTube or Google Drive and make the link public so we can check it from our end.

To answer your question, yes, you can borrow your boyfriend's computer to verify if this inconvenience persists there, that'd be very helpful. 

Lastly, you can also create a free test account to check if you find this behavior there as well. Please check, if possible, in both your computer and your boyfriend's.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have a very similar issue on the android app. If I shuffle my liked songs playlist, adding any more that roughly 5 songs to a queue will remove the shuffled playlist in the same way the Dropbox video shows. The only difference is that the play queue will actually play; just the playlist will disappear

Suggested posts