Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify steals focus from games

Spotify steals focus from games

Hi! I use spotify on Windows 10 daily and have been doing for years. About 2 weeks ago I started having issues with random alt tabbing in games and after doing some testing to find the cause it seems to be the spotify app that is causing the issue, at least I have had the issue happening when spotify is running but not when it isnt running, I tested it for a few hours yesterday with and without spotify running to get find out if it was the cause.

Now I would really like to use spotify while gaming but the random alt tabs are not fun to deal with. So does anyone have any solution to fix it? I have tried logging out and back in, clearing the cache and disabling hardware acceleration, neither of those things seems to have worked. Any tips would be appreciated!

2 Replies

Hey @Paramind,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what exactly happens? Do the games get minimized on its own or Spotify reopens itself? Please send as much detail as possible.

On another note, would you mind posting a quick video of your experience? This way we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. If the attachment is too big - we'd suggest that you upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am running into this exact problem. Windows 11 and Spotify's latest client

Suggested posts