Free

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I noticed my free version of Spotify on PC isn't playing ads. Last time I got an ad must've been like 2 months ago. I didn't mind the ads and i want to support the app that lets me listen to almost all music for free. Before this issue started, I got ads around every two songs. How can I make the ads play again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @szymonlama1503,

Welcome to the Community!

We really appreciate the fact that you want to support your favorite artist 🙂 Don't worry, you show your support not only through watching ads, but also just by listening to your favorite music, liking tracks and following artists.

You can try logging out and back in and also performing a clean reinstall of the app, to make sure that you're running the latest version and there are no issues caused by cache and cookies. For a guide on how to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify check out this support article

We also recommend disabling any ad-blocking software and VPN services. 

If after performing these suggested steps you continue to receive no ads on your desktop app, it'd be great if you can tell us if you see any banner ads and if there are long silent pauses between songs.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Stay awesome!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @szymonlama1503,

Welcome to the Community!

We really appreciate the fact that you want to support your favorite artist 🙂 Don't worry, you show your support not only through watching ads, but also just by listening to your favorite music, liking tracks and following artists.

You can try logging out and back in and also performing a clean reinstall of the app, to make sure that you're running the latest version and there are no issues caused by cache and cookies. For a guide on how to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify check out this support article

We also recommend disabling any ad-blocking software and VPN services. 

If after performing these suggested steps you continue to receive no ads on your desktop app, it'd be great if you can tell us if you see any banner ads and if there are long silent pauses between songs.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Stay awesome!

ElenaModerator

Thanks for the answer, I will try to reinstall the app.

I do have an adblocker, but it's only for the browser. I have a VPN but I don't use it, will try to uninstall anyways. Didn't notice any long pauses. Still get image/banner ads.

Around half an hour after the original post, I finally got an ad. I hope the reinstall fixes it up completely.

Have a nice day.

you probably were automatically ignoring them. Over time i realised i no longer realised an ad was playing, i generally multitask while listening to music so i dont give 100% attention to spotify and i stopped realising ads were playing. in the start i would be lose concenration when an ad played as they are generally noisy but overtime my brain just stopped paying attention when an ad played. the same thing might have happened to you.  

This just happened to me now, opened Spotify after not having it open, ads weren't playing. I've uninstalled reinstalled several times, and it's happening on app, browser, and even on the phone app apparently.

Hey @GMBlackjack,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, would you mind including in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running? This will give us a better look at your issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Clean reinstall appears to have had no effect. Skip-spamming also seems to have no effect.

Make and model: Micro Electronics Inc MG-VCP15A-3070

Spotify:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.86.857.g3751ee08

-GM.

Hi there @GMBlackjack,

Thanks for the reply. 

In general on the Desktop app there aren't any sound ads, except in podcasts. This may vary from country to country though.

Since you haven't used the app in a while, the ads algorithm might not be showing you ads for a week or so, much like on a brand new account. 

I'd suggest using Spotify for a couple of weeks on your devices. Ads should start to appear at some point.

This could also be related to your network. A way to test this would be to only use mobile data on your phone, or create a mobile hotspot and connect your PC to it.

Hope you find this info useful. Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

**bleep** me too, there never any add.

Plan

Free/Premium.

Spotify downloaded from Microsoft store

My Question or Issue

is this intended? so if I have a song on repeat I can have the song play over and over and if I change the song by going to the playlist and click play on another song I don't get an ad, so I can just keep clicking play on another song and another song and not get an ad
I feel like this may be not intended as in a way to not get ads

Suggested posts