Free

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I noticed my free version of Spotify on PC isn't playing ads. Last time I got an ad must've been like 2 months ago. I didn't mind the ads and i want to support the app that lets me listen to almost all music for free. Before this issue started, I got ads around every two songs. How can I make the ads play again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Elena

Hey there @szymonlama1503,

Welcome to the Community!

We really appreciate the fact that you want to support your favorite artist 🙂 Don't worry, you show your support not only through watching ads, but also just by listening to your favorite music, liking tracks and following artists.

You can try logging out and back in and also performing a clean reinstall of the app, to make sure that you're running the latest version and there are no issues caused by cache and cookies. For a guide on how to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify check out this support article

We also recommend disabling any ad-blocking software and VPN services. 

If after performing these suggested steps you continue to receive no ads on your desktop app, it'd be great if you can tell us if you see any banner ads and if there are long silent pauses between songs.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Stay awesome!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Solution!

Elena

Hey there @szymonlama1503,

Welcome to the Community!

We really appreciate the fact that you want to support your favorite artist 🙂 Don't worry, you show your support not only through watching ads, but also just by listening to your favorite music, liking tracks and following artists.

You can try logging out and back in and also performing a clean reinstall of the app, to make sure that you're running the latest version and there are no issues caused by cache and cookies. For a guide on how to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify check out this support article

We also recommend disabling any ad-blocking software and VPN services. 

If after performing these suggested steps you continue to receive no ads on your desktop app, it'd be great if you can tell us if you see any banner ads and if there are long silent pauses between songs.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Stay awesome!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

szymonlama1503
Casual Listener

Thanks for the answer, I will try to reinstall the app.

I do have an adblocker, but it's only for the browser. I have a VPN but I don't use it, will try to uninstall anyways. Didn't notice any long pauses. Still get image/banner ads.

Around half an hour after the original post, I finally got an ad. I hope the reinstall fixes it up completely.

Have a nice day.

SUGGESTED POSTS