Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After turning off autoplay several times, it turns itself on again after a while

After turning off autoplay several times, it turns itself on again after a while

The autoplay similar songs after finishing a playlist/album feature is not what I want, so it's good that I can turn it off. However, after a while the feature turns itself on again and has done so multiple times. Does anybody experience the same? How can I get rid of it?

4 Replies

Same thing happens with Mac OS. Is this going to be like Youtube, where you need to always check the Autoplay button first?

This has happened to me too, on android mobile. Autoplay has turned itself on twice now. I don't need this feature to exist. If I didn't select 'repeat all', then I want it to stop playing when the album or playlist is completed. 

It does it to me also, I assume they are turning it back on when Spotify updates. Makes me think they get some money when they suggest other artist to people, which is exactly why I pay for Spotify instead of listing to other free stuff. If I cancel Spotify it will be because of this, I do not and can not stand being fed music by a service, I want to build my playlists and pick what albums I listen to and that is it! As if it is my private music collection but online. That is all I want!

Hi @jsdeprey!

If you use Spotify across multiple devices, check if Autoplay similar songs when your music ends on other devices is toggled off on every individual device you use. There could also be some leftover songs in the queue from a previous session. If so, skip to the last song, so that the queue is cleared. If you have Autoplay turned off, the playback should stop after the last song finishes playing.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts