Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Basics about playlists

Please, can anyone tell me how to put the content in my playlist in alphabetical order in Windows 10? Impossilbe to find an answer it seems, which says a lot about Spotifys interface.

• Casual Listener
  • Please, can anyone tell me how to put the content in my playlist in alphabetical order in Windows 10? Impossilbe to find an answer it seems, which says a lot about Spotifys interface.
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Bring back number of plays on ALL songs, not just what Spotify deems most popular.

I just hopped on desktop Spotify for the first time in years and was HEAVILY disappointed to learn that, not only did Spotify do away with the little popularity bars that used to let you know how popular a song was, but they also did away with listen...

• I just hopped on desktop Spotify for the first time in years and was HEAVILY disappointed to learn that, not only did Spotify do away with the little popularity bars that used to let you know how pop...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Up/Down Arrows

PlanFree/PremiumPremiumCountryUnited States Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Windows 10 laptopOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy up and down arrows won't let me scroll thro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Premium Country United States   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Windows 10 laptop Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...
  • Eni
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    keyboard
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Connect] Remove the facebook panel

This is now mandatory for people who aren't interested in using it. Clicking the button opens a facebook login page which facebook uses to track, even if you are not a facebook member.My idea is to remove this forced feature from spotify. At the bare...

• Regular
  • This is now mandatory for people who aren't interested in using it. Clicking the button opens a facebook login page which facebook uses to track, even if you are not a facebook member. My idea is to...
  • roosterooni
  • 64 replies
  • 22 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 64 replies
  • 22 likes

Superuser Contribution Play Spotify music in Foobar?

I bought a Spotify premium subscription because it has some music I was struggling to find for sale elsewhere. However, migrating my existing collection to the Spotify player is proving to be impossible. I'm trying to migrate a ~13,000 song playlist,...

• I bought a Spotify premium subscription because it has some music I was struggling to find for sale elsewhere.    However, migrating my existing collection to the Spotify player is provin...
  • gonzalojp76
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes

Joe Rogan Experience #1713 Mike Baker - stops playing around 49 min mark and get ads

Listening to "Joe Rogan Experience #1713 Mike Baker" and it stops playing around 49 min mark. Then some random ads for podcasts start even though I have Premium. Same thing happens on two different PCs (both Windows 10 and using Spotify App). How can...

• Casual Listener
  • Listening to "Joe Rogan Experience #1713 Mike Baker" and it stops playing around 49 min mark. Then some random ads for podcasts start even though I have Premium. Same thing happens on two different P...
  • nilsman73
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify can't play music

PlanFree Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueFew days ago, my Spotify show the message that "Please turn off offline mode and try again" whenever I try to play any song. I don't have a premium account and have never use the offline mode f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Few days ago, my Spotify show the message that "Please turn off offline mode and try again" whenever I try to pla...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Home screen

I've been a premium user for a while now, but there is one thing that is very annoying to me the more I think about it.The home screen, which is what shows up every time I start up spotify. It's so full of stuff that I just don't want to see. Is ther...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium user for a while now, but there is one thing that is very annoying to me the more I think about it. The home screen, which is what shows up every time I start up spotify. It's so...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 53 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 53 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Album list not shown in search

PlanPremium CountryThe Netherlands/Happens in English and Dutch interface language. DeviceMS Surfacebook 2Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)**bleep** 2.11 GHzInstalled RAM 16,0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorOperating SystemEditio...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country The Netherlands/ Happens in English and Dutch interface language.    Device MS Surfacebook 2 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)**bleep** 2.11 GHz Installed RA...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album list
    Search
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] "Remove from this playlist" by right-clicking on the song played does not work

PlanFree/PremiumCountryGermany DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIf you right-click on the song that is playing at the moment, the option "Remove from this playlist" pops up. If you choose to click on it, nothing happens....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Germany   Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue If you right-click on the song that is playing at the moment, the option ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] get rid of the Facebook **bleep** that appears on the u/i

need to find a way to get rid the Facebook **bleep**, friend activity, etc. that appears on the right hand side of the PC app U/I

• Casual Listener
  • need to find a way to get rid the Facebook **bleep**, friend activity, etc. that appears on the right hand side of the PC app U/I
  • DomPajot
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to delete buggy playlist from Home Page.

  I added a playlist long ago from 'Dune', but I want to get rid of it, however I am unable to delete it. Whenever I try to delete it in the desktop app, it says "Ooops, something went wrong". If I try to delete it on the Web Player it says it was de...

Spotify_2021-09-25_16-14-11.png Spotify_2021-09-25_16-14-00.png
  • Regular
  •      I added a playlist long ago from 'Dune', but I want to get rid of it, however I am unable to delete it. Whenever I try to delete it in the desktop app, it says "Ooops, something went ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI keep getting the above message whenever I try and play a song on the desktop app (it works fine on web browsers and my phone).I have reinstalled, changed speaker options, disabled har...

• Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I keep getting the above message whenever I try and play a song on the desktop app (it works fine on web browsers and my...
  • DonKombot
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! [Solved] Why does spotify's windows search icon look bugged/glitched?

Hello , Updated Spotify (windows store edition) recently and when I searched for it from the windows start menu, it looked something like this (see attachment). Does anybody know why?Any info is appreciated. DeviceHP Laptop OS VersionWindows 10 20H2

• Casual Listener
  • Hello 👋,   Updated Spotify (windows store edition) recently and when I searched for it from the windows start menu, it looked something like this (see attachment).   Does anybody know ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files folder will not show up at all on Windows desktop application.

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceDell Inspiron 11-3147 (2014) Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo a couple of months ago, for some reason I opened up the Spotify app on Windows and the local files folder was completely gone. First...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country United States   Device Dell Inspiron 11-3147 (2014)   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So a couple of months ago, for...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Taking up 10GB of my C drive.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is Spotify taking up 10GB of my C drive in the Local Appdata's 'Data' folder? I have instructed any downloaded music to store in a different location. I have searched the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is Spotify taking up 10GB of my C drive in the Local Appdata's 'Data' folder? I have instructed...
  • Sbanger
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • appdata
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I deleted the Local Files Playlist, now Spotify won't make a new one

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceWindows ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOut of frustration because my Local Files wasn't syncing, I deleted the Local Files playlist in the hopes Spotify would automatically create a new one and...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Windows Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Out of frustration because my Local Files wasn't syncing, I deleted the Local ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify unfollowing users/profiles

PlanPremium DeviceWindows PCMacbook ProOperating SystemWindows 10macOS Catalina My Question or IssueI recently noticed that the desktop apps are unfollowing users/profiles. I'm not sure if it just shows that a certain user profile is unfollowed or no...

• Composer
  • Plan Premium   Device Windows PC Macbook Pro Operating System Windows 10 macOS Catalina   My Question or Issue I recently noticed that the desktop apps are unfollowing users/prof...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discover weekly unavailable

Plan: PremiumCountry: FinlandDevice: PC/PhoneOperating System: Windows 10 Pro, Android 10 My Question or Issue: This week all of the songs on Discover weekly have been greyed out (=unavaible) on both devices. See image: Click!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Finland Device: PC/Phone Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Android 10   My Question or Issue: This week all of the songs on Discover weekly have been greyed out (=u...
  • slebbeog
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes