Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album list not shown in search

Solved!

Album list not shown in search

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands/

Happens in English and Dutch interface language. 

Device

MS Surfacebook 2
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)**bleep** 2.11 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Operating System

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.1237
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

My Question or Issue

Reproduction of the problem:

Goto Search

Type Canto Ostinato

Scroll down to Album

Click on Album (or See all)

In a short flash you see the Album list and then it disappears leaving the the right part of the screen black.

With search terms other than the above mentioned everything works fine. So it is a very specific issue.

On my mobile device (SAMSUNG A70) there is no problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @theobv,

Thank you for your reply and all these insights. 

We were able to replicate most of the examples you shared by using an older app version. However, when we used the latest version the problem went away. 

To make sure you're up to date, please run a clean reinstall of the app and make sure to download it from the Microsoft Store. 

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I just noticed that the problem only occurs in when the spotify screen is maximized. 

Hi there @theobv,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for responding. The recording is too big for an attachments, so it can be viewed/downloaded here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApIT_8KmNJ-CjJcnojuWx0rdbIz3rw?e=4wApjh

Hey @theobv,

Thanks for the detailed video explanation.

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide. If the issue persists after that can you check the following:

• Open Albums on a maximized app, and wait a minute or two to see if they load.
  • Try Zooming in/ out (Ctrl+-/ Ctrl++) and check if that has any effect.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

I have uninstalled Spotify, cleaned the filesystem, restarted and tried it again. But the problem still occurs.

I have performed a lot of tests.

1. Waiting 2 minutes for the list to appear: no result
2. CTRL-minus or CTRL-plus (once or repeatedly) on the blank result screen does not work.
3. CTRL-minus (once or repeatedly) on the search screen and then performing the search: does not work.
4. CTRL-plus (about 5 times) on the search screen and then performing the search: works! The result is a list of 3 columns. When I then press CTRL-minus several times or CTRL-0: the results are still visible.
5. When the search screen is not zoomed (so in CTRL-0 state), but the total window size is made as smaller as possible, and then the search is performed: it works! Also then I see three columns in te result screen. I can then maximize the window and it still works.

I really wanted to find other search terms as 'canto ostinato'. So here are some more that give the problem:

6. 'stabat mater dvorak': does not work, but will work if testscenarios 4 or 5 of the above are applied.
7. 'worn out g': does not work, but will work if scenarios 4 or 5 of above are applied.
8. 'worn out c': does not work, but will work if scenarios 4 or 5 of above are applied.
9. 'worn out l':  does not work. But ... I can not get this one to work with sc. 4 or 5. So i never see the result list.

Another fancy detail:

10. When you get a result by using sc. 4 and 5, and you press the Queue button two times (so you switch to the queue and back again) then the results are gone again.

Does the problem only occurs with the Album list?

No. The Artist list get the same problem . I'm very glad this happens, because it says something about the consistent way of coding the application.

I have tried
11. 'rainbow h': Press on Artist and the same issue occurs.

12. or try 'rainbow after' and press on Playlists: gives also a blank screen

I have been trying to detect if the size of the resultlist has an influence (thats why you see 'worn out ' with a letter added, it gives a limited resultset) and this is my humble conclusion:

When the result list is somewhere between 25 and 40 (numbers are not exact) the result list is not displayed (starting in CTRL-0 state).

Especially the album list of 'worn out l' looks interesting to me, because I have never seen a result, no matter wat I tried.

Marked as solution

Hi @theobv,

Thank you for your reply and all these insights. 

We were able to replicate most of the examples you shared by using an older app version. However, when we used the latest version the problem went away. 

To make sure you're up to date, please run a clean reinstall of the app and make sure to download it from the Microsoft Store. 

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator

Hi @MafeG,

It must have been fixed in a very recent release, I suppose. This morning I again performed a clean install (the version is now Spotify for Windows v. 1.1.6 9.612.gb7409abc) and the problems are solved. Thank you very much for looking into this.

Funny: if you write the '6 9' in the version number without a space it will replace it with a **bleep**: 1.1.**bleep**.612.gb7409abc

Kind regards,

theobv

Hi there @theobv,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts