Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Algorithm for Discover Weekly

Algorithm for Discover Weekly

Is there some way to change or reset it? For some reason, my Discover Weekly is polluted with Swedish music, and my poor ears are allergic to Swedish...

Also, it would be nice if there was a "Discover Daily". It take it, that this would be a rather small thing to make...

This one is for the browser version, not the app

3 Replies

Hi there @elveejay, welcome to the Community! 

There is no option to change it or reset it, because its created by Spotify. But here is an option that could be helpful for you. Go to discover weekly playlist, right click (or 3 dots menu) > Creat Similar Playlist. Then you`ll make similar playlist with different songs. I think you can create about 3-4 similar playlists, and after that the songs will start to repeat. Tip here is: you can do that on every playlist you have, and you`ll have your personalized discover!

Hope this will help you, to find more songs which you may like! : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's a very good start, at least. Thanks. If I have four different playlists, there should be a bit more variance. Still wish I could pilfer around with the selection algorithm, though. The Swedish songs are what bothers me the most.

I mean, you can only listen to this for so long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE

😉

Hey back @elveejay ; )

There can be a couple of reasons why you getting songs you don`t like: 

1. You`re using Spotify for quite a while, that means there are not much listening data Spotify can get from your profile, and you get random tracks instead, just to fill the space of 30 tracks in the Disvover playlist.
  2. If someone ever shared you similar tracks, thats a possibility too. 

Possible sollutions you can try: 

1. Listen to more music. Then you`ll have more listening data, which means more personalized Discover playlist.
  2. Add more tracks you love to your playlists

[ Anyway, please have in mind that the Disover Weekly not always reccomend you artist or genres you like, but also reccomend you new ones, you might be interested in. If you want to get more from the artists you love, there is the Release Radar, where most of the songs are from artists you follow 🙂 ]

>> You can also use the Spotify Web API console, to get reccomendations based on seeds - [ https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/console/get-recommendations/  ]

just fill the info you want, then click the Get Oauth token, after the token is ready, hit Try it! 

You can search by Artist or Track seeds or both, and way more options if you want. Finally you should get something like that: Then you can click directly on the links, and listen to your reccomendations.

}, {
    "album" : {
      "album_type" : "ALBUM",
      "available_markets" : [ "AD", ...],
      "external_urls" : {
        "spotify" : "https://open.spotify.com/album/6NKUvtEoy1pmDJ7dG7GmJr"

[ Create a playlist-style listening experience based on seed artists, tracks and genres.

Recommendations are generated based on the available information for a given seed entity and matched against similar artists and tracks. If there is sufficient information about the provided seeds, a list of tracks will be returned together with pool size details.

For artists and tracks that are very new or obscure there might not be enough data to generate a list of tracks.]

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts