Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App is completely broken. Takes forever to load, cannot play music, playlists can’t load.

App is completely broken. Takes forever to load, cannot play music, playlists can’t load.

Plan

Premium Student

Country

USA

Device

Gaming computer, Intel

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I cannot use my desktop app at all.

So I’ve pretty much run out of ideas here. My desktop app for Spotify has not been working for the last week. I have done reinstalls, restarts, computer restarts, and computer updates, so many times. I had a chat with support for 2 hours, and we confirmed it is something with my computer. Spotify works fine on my phone and laptop I have, which use the same Internet connection. We also tried a different account on the computer and the issue persisted. I cannot figure out what possibly is causing the issue. I have not changed anything with my computer in the last week.

Whenever I uninstall, logging in works fine, does not take long to load and I can click things just fine. As soon as I log in, it takes forever to load, sometimes not even loading and staying as a black screen, and it also randomly will close and reopen. Sometimes, some things will load, but I can never click on them to play music, as nothing with load. It is completely broken and I cannot use it at all on this computer.

If anyone has any ideas what might be happening, please let me know.

3 Replies

That is weird, good that you have already tried the basic troubleshooting. There is another thing you could give a try to. On my low spec laptop I use this method to restrict Spotify not to use too much resource. You can refer to it here and keep us posted. One more thing is that although this setting does help, sometimes the specs are just too low for it to work. Spotify does not work as smooth on such devices.

Throw a like my way or choose this as a solution if I helped!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, so I appreciate the help; however, I cannot even find my Spotify folder anymore. Most websites say it is in the Local or Roaming, but it seems to have disappeared from there, and I cannot find it anywhere at all.

Hey @Caddince,

Thanks for the post.

The best way to find your Spotify folder is like this:

1. Locate the Spotify app icon on your Desktop.
  2. Right click > Open file location.

This should take you to the folder.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts