Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist column missing.

Solved!

Artist column missing.

Major bug since the new UI, makes big playlists impossible to navigate easily.

Plan

Premium

Country

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news!

There is now a new Compact Mode for track lists (playlists and album pages) in the desktop app and Web Player

The drop down menu now has "Sort by" and "View as" options. To turn on compact mode, open up the drop down menu at the top right of a playlist or album page and click on "Compact" under "View as".

On Playlist pages, it removes the album art, and breaks out "Title" and "Artist" into their own separate columns again. This view is similar to before the redesign that added album art into playlists a few years ago.

On Album pages, it moves the artist and featured artists from below each track title, to a new "Artist" column to the right of the "Title" column.

When you turn on Compact Mode, it will be remembered and stay on when you are viewing both playlists and album pages. You can switch back to the regular "List" view at any time.

The new Compact Mode for track lists is rolling out in the desktop app and Web Player right now so you should be seeing it soon. This has been a highly requested feature since the redesign came out a few years ago.

Desktop Compact List Mode.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi there @mwg9

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

Can you provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

It would also be great if you can provide us your latest Spotify version?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

mwg9_0-1652346237685.png

The 2 most useful columns have merged into one useless column, I assume this is a bug in the program?

I am also experiencing this bug, both on Windows and on Mac. Made sure I downloaded the most recent version of the app and my computers are up to date on OS updates.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to change in the app. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. 

Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Bug experienced here too. ver: 1.1.85.895.g2a71e1b8 (windows)

Incredible annoying not having such a standard feature of a music catalogue UI. Greatly compromises the experience and usability. Please fix Spotify.

Hey @McDeeee,

Thanks for the post. 

We understand your frustration with how the song title and artist are listed in the same column. Currently there is no way to manually change this. I'd suggest you add your +Vote to the Idea that @Eni has linked to, as the more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented.

What you can do it is hit the Search tool (Magnifying glass icon) and enter the artist's name there. This will filter out only songs from that artist. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thousands have asked for the artist column to come back, just do it already. Stop giving lip service

Experiencing the same issue. 

There is still no artist column in Spotify. Please advise on this issue. 

To anyone who missed it above, please go add your vote on the official poll for this. (add your +VOTE to this idea)

Marked as solution

Good news!

There is now a new Compact Mode for track lists (playlists and album pages) in the desktop app and Web Player

The drop down menu now has "Sort by" and "View as" options. To turn on compact mode, open up the drop down menu at the top right of a playlist or album page and click on "Compact" under "View as".

On Playlist pages, it removes the album art, and breaks out "Title" and "Artist" into their own separate columns again. This view is similar to before the redesign that added album art into playlists a few years ago.

On Album pages, it moves the artist and featured artists from below each track title, to a new "Artist" column to the right of the "Title" column.

When you turn on Compact Mode, it will be remembered and stay on when you are viewing both playlists and album pages. You can switch back to the regular "List" view at any time.

The new Compact Mode for track lists is rolling out in the desktop app and Web Player right now so you should be seeing it soon. This has been a highly requested feature since the redesign came out a few years ago.

Desktop Compact List Mode.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts