Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Winodws 10

My Question or Issue

I primarily use the artist radio function on spotify, couple of days ago i noticed i cannot follow anymore artist radios. I just get sent a random playlist with like 50 songs when i click artist radio now. I still have all the ones i did before but i cant add new ones. I think they disabled this for free users but im a premium user and i almost only use this feautre. did they just remove it or am i missing something?

met.PNG
radio.PNG
radio2.PNG
4 Replies

Bump

I'm having this problem too.  When I go to Artist Radio I just get a 50 song playlist that I can't personalize in any way (there's no way to give thumbs up/down anymore).  When I get to the end it starts playing more songs, but I can't personalize those either.

The only thing I've found is to make a radio station based on the "artist radio playlist", and that lets me give thumbs up/down.  But there's no way to follow that particular list.  It's super frustrating.

By the way, I have premium and desktop version 1.0.98.78.gb45d2a6b

And now I can't even find the option to make a radio based on a playlist, so I guess that workaround is dead too.

I have chatted with the support and they have confirmed that "Radio" and "Stations" will be deleted. Only artists will be able to create stations, users will not be able to do so. But the "stations" will only be a playlist with songs. A normal playlist of 50 songs. The "artists" and "stations" menu is temporary and will be deleted.

Another functionality that Spotify eliminates.

Suggested posts