Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Friends Feed not showing all friends activity

PlanPremium Country Argentina DeviceLenovo ideapad 300 Operating SystemWindows 10 Spotify version1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 My Question or IssueThe feed does not show all friends activity. I always see the same 10 friends on my feed though I follow almost ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country  Argentina   Device Lenovo ideapad 300   Operating System Windows 10   Spotify version 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7   My Question or Issue ...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify links cannot be opened in browser, crash discord

DeviceASUS Windows 10 DesktopMy Question or Issue when ever an open or play spotify link is sent in discord (an online chatting program) and i look at it for a few seconds, the software force restarts. attempting to open the links in any browser does...

• Device ASUS Windows 10 Desktop My Question or Issue  when ever an open or play spotify link is sent in discord (an online chatting program) and i look at it for a few seconds, the software fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Answer to Repeat /Shuffle button missing

For anyone not seeing the "Repeat" or "Shuffle" button, just select one of your playlist, play a song, and the "Repeat" and "Shuffle" button shall appear. Be sure to select the "Repeat" button to play entire playlist, or click the "Repeat" twice to r...

• For anyone not seeing the "Repeat" or "Shuffle" button, just select one of your playlist, play a song, and the "Repeat" and "Shuffle" button shall appear.  Be sure to select the "Repeat" button ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Friends Activity not updating

PlanFreeDeviceLenovo G50Operating SystemWindows 10Other DetailsLogged in via FacebookMy IssueFriends Activity has not been updating for a couple weeks now. My Friends Feed shows but after about 2-3 hours of use (depending on when friends stop listeni...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Device Lenovo G50 Operating System Windows 10 Other Details Logged in via Facebook My Issue Friends Activity has not been updating for a couple weeks now. My Friends Feed shows but...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problem login to desktop or android application

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamnsung laptop, Pixel phoneOperating SystemWindows 10, android 9 My Question or IssueI can't login to my account via desktop application and android application.In desktop application i got error core 17 , i reinstalled...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samnsung laptop, Pixel phone Operating System Windows 10, android 9    My Question or Issue I can't login to my account via desktop applica...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs Tab.

Hi, I recently was using an old account on spotify, but the username was not one I wanted so i made a new account. I used to add my music to the "Songs" list by clicking a tick icon next to a song to add it. I have found that I cannot do so with my n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently was using an old account on spotify, but the username was not one I wanted so i made a new account. I used to add my music to the "Songs" list by clicking a tick icon next to a song to...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

PC software Flashes @144 hz Monitor

Hi guys,I use Win10 with 1080 TI on 144 hz g-sync monitor. Spotify player flashes when I move cursor toward button. Can you fix it? I tried to recort it with high frame but I did not capture anything but I see it.ThanksNone of the below information i...

• Hi guys, I use Win10 with 1080 TI on 144 hz g-sync monitor. Spotify player flashes when I move cursor toward button. Can you fix it? I tried to recort it with high frame but I did not capture anythi...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

'spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.'

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8, PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo(mobile app), win7(pc app) My Question or Issue The issue began today when I turned my computer on and attempted to Listen the album of 'POLKADOT STINGRAY'. I figured out t...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 8, PC Operating System Android Oreo(mobile app), win7(pc app)   My Question or Issue   The issue began today when I turned ...
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop will not play undownloaded songs

I've used Spotify for 2-3 years and this problem has only come up in the last week or so. I am a Premium user and I live in the United States, if that has anything to do with the issue, but I don't think it does. Anyways, the reason I'm making this p...

• Regular
  • I've used Spotify for 2-3 years and this problem has only come up in the last week or so. I am a Premium user and I live in the United States, if that has anything to do with the issue, but I don't t...
  • glowypants
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Not all friends showing in Friend Activity

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceMSI laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, My issue is that some friends do not show up in my "Friend Activity" feed. The only people that don't show up are only a few people I've been foll...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device MSI laptop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Hello,  My issue is that some friends do not show up in ...
  • unkinkedslinky
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File's Cover Art ignored when it contains an Apostrophe

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10Software Version1.0.93.244 My Question or IssueI noticed that the Cover Art of imported Local Files is ignored when the File Name or any of the File's Tags (e.g. Title, Artists, Album, etc.) contains an Apostrophe...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10 Software Version 1.0.93.244   My Question or Issue I noticed that the Cover Art of imported Local Files is ignored when the File Name or any of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

[Bug][Fix]Spotify can't play this right now. Please Patch

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue If you manually change spotify on Windows 10 to a different audio source, It says "Spotify can't play this right now.". Until you change this back. I Like live stre...

•   Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   If you manually change spotify on Windows 10 to a different audio so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay Enabled but not Working

PlanPremiumCountry USA Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI updated my Spotify to the most recent version and the autoplay option is now back. I have it enabled, but it still will not work. I have already done a clean reinstall, I have tr...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I updated my Spotify to the most recent version and the autoplay option is now back. I have it e...
  • moozzy
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Option to create radio for 'songs' in library?

You can create a 'radio' option for every playlist/artist but it is impossible to create a radio for your saved songs. Will this eventually be possible? Am I missing something? Many thanks!

• Regular
  •    You can create a 'radio' option for every playlist/artist but it is impossible to create a radio for your saved songs. Will this eventually be possible? Am I missing something? Many tha...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My playlist is not sorted for other people

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue When other people view my playlist, they always see it sorted from oldest to newest. I personally have sorted my playlist from ne...

• Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  When other people view my playlist, ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution a firewall may not let you login update your fire does not let me enter with facebook

Mi pregunta o problema Hello I have a problem in the Spoty PC application every time I press login with facebook nothing happens, I can not enter, but if I enter a normal account, if you enter, help me. My premium account is on my facebook

•     Mi pregunta o problema   Hello I have a problem in the Spoty PC application every time I press login with facebook nothing happens, I can not enter, but if I enter a normal acc...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution grayed out albums and duplicity

My Question or IssueI had some music for sale at spotify with a digital distributor.Removed those albums from sale.Now i want to reupload them again.Most of them, though i waited a long time, still can be found on spotify.Them are grayed out and the ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I had some music for sale at spotify with a digital distributor. Removed those albums from sale. Now  i want to reupload them again. Most of them, though i waited a long...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • duplicity
    Grayed out
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fluctuation volume AGAIN!

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceDell Latitude E5570Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI have big issues with fluctuation Volume. I have tried everthing:Disabel the Dell sound imporvement applicationLogged out from other clientsDiabled ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Dell Latitude E5570 Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I have big issues with fluctuation Volume. I have tried everthi...
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Anti Virus shows Spotify_new.exe is a virus

I have run a scan on Windows 10 PC using Mcafee and it says it has found a trojan Spotify_new.exe. I have not downloaded any new exe file from Spotify and have been using it for many years. A virus scan last month did not show this trojan. Anyone els...

•   I have run a scan on Windows 10 PC using Mcafee and it says it has found a trojan Spotify_new.exe.  I have not downloaded any new exe file from Spotify and have been using it for many ye...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't sort que

PlanPremiumCountry FIDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or Issue After log in today, can't sort que anymore. Testin same thing for playlist: does not work either. This leads back to 70's and 80's when you record songs to C-cassette: t...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  FI Device Computer Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue  After log in today, can't sort que anymore. Testin same thing for playlist: does not work ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes