Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[BUG] Playlist suggestion not removed from list when adding via three-dots

Reproduce:1. Open a playlist2. Hover any suggested song and click the "..."-icon.3a. Add song to your currently opened playlistResult: Song is added, suggestion is still available3b. Click Add buttonResult: Song is added to playlist and removed from ...

• Reproduce: 1. Open a playlist 2. Hover any suggested song and click the "..."-icon. 3a. Add song to your currently opened playlist Result: Song is added, suggestion is still available 3b. Click ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Radio option gone on Windows desktop app?

In the latest update, did you guys get rid of the playlist radio option for free users on the desktop app also? I know you got rid of it on mobile months ago, but tonight i noticed that when I'm on a playlist and I click the three dots, the "start pl...

• Roadie
  • In the latest update, did you guys get rid of the playlist radio option for free users on the desktop app also? I know you got rid of it on mobile months ago, but tonight i noticed that when I'm on a...
  • WebGremlin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist issues
    playlist radio
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tune into friends playlist (friend radio)

Hi Spotify I have a suggestion on how to improve Spotify even further: Currently I can see what my friend is listening to and I can listen to it as well by clicking on the song. However, when the next song starts, I have to actively tune in again int...

•   Hi Spotify    I have a suggestion on how to improve Spotify even further: Currently I can see what my friend is listening to and I can listen to it as well by click...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Sopity does not play with a D/A Converter

PlanFree/PremiumCountry GermanyDeviceDell PCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueSpotify doesn`t play when I connect a Digital-Analog Converter (ESI U46DJ) via USB. I tried different laptops and changed various settings, nothing worked. Is it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Germany Device Dell PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue Spotify doesn`t play when I connect a Digital-Analog Converter (ESI U46DJ) via USB. I...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not resume recently played song if PC was shut down/rebooted

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 x64 My IssueWindows application does not resume recently played song/playlist if the application was not closed manually (by pressing X in its top-right corner) before shutting down a PC. As...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1 x64   My Issue Windows application does not resume recently played song/playlist if the application was not...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Podcasts no longer showing in library

I'm not able to see my saved podcasts in my library anymore - I haven't tried to access it in a while but I think this was due to the last update, or one of the last few. I can still search up podcasts and listen to them, and the heart that indicates...

• Regular
  • I'm not able to see my saved podcasts in my library anymore - I haven't tried to access it in a while but I think this was due to the last update, or one of the last few. I can still search up podcas...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

open.spotify refused to connect and radio doesn't work

I'm on Windows 10 Desktop. I cannot connect to open.spotify.com in Chrome and Firefox (and Internet Explorer) and cannot use the radio in the desktop program (it says This radio station cannot be started) and cannot use the Friend Activity feature. I...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm on Windows 10 Desktop.   I cannot connect to open.spotify.com in Chrome and Firefox (and Internet Explorer) and cannot use the radio in the desktop program (it ...
  • thedawnofvenus
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • refusal
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cant log in, error code 17 on Windows 10

Hi, out of the blue Spotify wouldnt let me log in today. I would be so grateful for any help on how to fix this! When i try to log in the error message says (translated) "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Change its settings to allow Spotify throug...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi, out of the blue Spotify wouldnt let me log in today. I would be so grateful for any help on how to fix this!   When i try to log in the error message says (translated) "A firewall ...
  • Some1Else
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 17 likes

Only a few friends appearing in the list.

If I unfollow all and then follow all, they all appear again, but when I restart Spotify, most of them are absent from the activity list again (always the same). PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• If I unfollow all and then follow all, they all appear again, but when I restart Spotify, most of them are absent from the activity list again (always the same).  Plan Premium Country  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Edits to playlist Details are not updating (when link is copied to social media)

Greetings, I have a playlist of holiday music I created in 2017. I recently added more to it, and also updated the Playlist Details. On Spotify it looks fine. When I copy the link to share on social media, the old playlist details come in the URL.Ple...

•   Greetings,  I have a playlist of holiday music I created in 2017.  I recently added more to it, and also updated the Playlist Details.   On Spotify it looks fine. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Player Not Working

Plan: Free Country: USA Device: ASUS PC Operating System: Windows1 0 My Question or Issue:The web player will not play anything on ALL web browsers installed.I do not have any personal firewalls installed. I use Avast free which is not blockingit bec...

• Regular
  • Plan: Free   Country: USA   Device: ASUS PC   Operating System: Windows1 0      My Question or Issue: The web player will not play anything on ALL web bro...
  • Timko67
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web player issue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify in offline mode, great internet connection

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 7 professional My Question or Issue Windows 7 Prof desktop, suddenly Spotify is telling me I'm in offline mode. Checked the board here and tried all the "fixes" I could find. (restarted ro...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 7 professional   My Question or Issue  Windows 7 Prof desktop, suddenly Spotify is telling me I'm in offl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline mode
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No True Description of Repeat Icons Found Anywhere. Please Provide

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADevicedesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have searched extensively and can find no accurate description (on 12/8/2018) of the Spotify Player Repeat icon meanings. The icon with a DOT under it ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I have searched extensively and can find no accurate description (o...
  • burky39
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music wont play while surface go is off

Plam:FreeCountry United StatesDevice: Surface goOperating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue I don't know if this is my fault but i saw a similar problem that was solved for the surface 3 were they just needed to download the latest software and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plam:Free Country  United States Device: Surface go Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I don't know if this is my fault but i saw a similar problem that was so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Playlist Restarting

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 5Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I connect my Spotify to my computer every time I try to use my phone to change the song on a playlist it will play out the whole of that so...

• Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I connect my Spotify to my computer ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesn't play any album

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceDELL Inspiron 15 (N5050)Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium (x64) My Question or IssueSince yesterday Spotify (1.0.95.289.g342899da) doesn't play any albums. First, I've received a message: 'The Spotify application is...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device DELL Inspiron 15 (N5050) Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)   My Question or Issue Since yesterday Spotify (1.0.95.289.g342899da) doesn't ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search for Song shows Artists and Albums with the search phrase

PlanPremiumCountry South AfricaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the Windows 10 App, if I search for a Song, it shows Artists and Albums with the search phrase and the Song titles for these results don't have the search phrase...

• Plan Premium Country  South Africa Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the Windows 10 App, if I search for a Song, it shows Artists and Albums with t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App stops playing randomly [1809]

So ever since I updated to Windows 1809, i've noticed that my Spotify randomly just stops playing. Sometimes it cuts audio, and the counter for the current track will keep counting until the song is finished. Other times the counter stops. I can stil...

• Casual Listener
  •   So ever since I updated to Windows 1809, i've noticed that my Spotify randomly just stops playing.    Sometimes it cuts audio, and the counter for the current track will keep coun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows desktop overlay when using media keys

PlanFreeCountry FinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue The desktop overlay when using media keys is still showing up even after i disabled it from the settings. I noticed that after restart it starts showing up again.

• Plan Free Country  Finland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  The desktop overlay when using media keys is still showing up even after i disabled i...
  • Deepbluen
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When did GAPLESS come in?

Premium CountryUKOperating System(Windows etc.) My Question or Issue I have the newest build my Vista machine will take and although Crossfade is there Gapless isn't? So when did Gapless come in?

• Roadie
  • Premium   Country UK Operating System (Windows etc.)   My Question or Issue   I have the newest build my Vista machine will take and although Crossfade is there Gapless isn't?...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes