Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are playing, progress bar moving, but with no sound.

Songs are playing, progress bar moving, but with no sound.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Around two days ago I've had this problem, I've tried to play my music and every time I do the song plays with the prgress bar moving but no sound. My sound drivers are up to date and the volume is up so I have no idea what else to do.

2 Replies

Same. Been a non stop parade of problems with updates from the last year or so - and that's not even getting into how the software has been constantly going downhill since about 3 years since Spotify launched. Where can I get an older version of Spotify? Ca 2013 maybe. This is getting ridiculous. Fire your marketing staff, not the programmers who build your initial product.

You are completely correct

This past year or more i didnt think it was possible more than it was,but it is actually getting worse and worse with every update

Either something breaks or features are taken away and support is non existent and it really has gone down the crapper since it first launched

Regarding getting an older version,you can get them online but its a bit of a waste of time now as functionality and features of older versions that did actually work and were trouble free and had great features were broken by updates

Also unless you get a really old version,automatic updates are forced on us now whether we like it or not.No asking to update or changelog available to see if we want to update,no explanation of what was taken away,just forced updates.

It used  to be possible to block updates on older versions but alas,as i mentioned,functionality is not possible now as they wont work properly anymore.

Suggested posts