Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists and albums reappearing in recently played

Artists and albums reappearing in recently played

In the previous Windows 10 desktop app (you know, the good one), there was an option to remove items from the 'Recently Played' list. I play a lot of snippets for work, without ever wanting to be reminded of them, so I remove quite a lot.

The thing is that some items keep on reappearing, like a rash that doesn't go away. The update to the new version (you know, the bad one) was pending, so I decided to clear the entire Recently Played section before the update.

Guess what happened when the app was updated?  Hmmm? Can you guess? The albums and artists that I deleted dozens of times APPEAR AGAIN. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft store app. They appear again. Installed the desktop app. They appear again. Logged into open.spotify.com. They appear again. It is driving me absolutely insane. Which part of "I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THESE ARTISTS AND ALBUMS ANYMORE" is lost upon you, Spotify?

Please, I beg you: Bring back "Delete from recently played", in all apps, on all platforms. And make it work properly.

Signed,

Someone who works in the music industry.

3 Replies

Hi there @marcelb7,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

There are some users who feel the same way about this in the Community! Head over to this Idea thread and add the requested information as a comment. Don't forget to +Vote and subscribe to the thread in order to stay up to date with any developments.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Pointing me towards a topic that was started 3 years ago, and one that Spotify hasn't had interest in for at least 6 months, is NOT a good solution.

I was previously able to delete items from Recently Played, and they are reappearing. That's not a feature suggestion. That's a bug. Please fix it.

Marcel

Hey @marcelb7,

Thanks for the reply.

My mistake, I wanted to point you to this Idea.

I understand that it's frustrating when a feature you use is removed from the app after an update. Ideas are the best way to convey your wishes and feedback to the developer teams.

Another thing you can do is post your feedback on this change - here

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts