Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay no longer working across all devices

Autoplay no longer working across all devices

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung S9+/HP Windows 10 Laptop

Operating System

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify Autoplay no longer functions on any of my installed versions of Spotify. When a playlist ends, rather than playing similar music, the playlist wraps around to the top again and stops playing. Autoplay is switched on. I have tried clearing the cache, and reinstalling on both my android phone and my windows laptop.

5 Replies

Hey @MC1771,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. 

As you told us, you performed reinstall of the app. Can you confirm if you followed these steps? If not we suggest that you do that.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that is the procedure I followed. I do not use an SD card. The version of the app is 8.5.94.89 on Android, but I am having the same issue on the Windows 10 version of the program as well. Additionally, others I know are having the same problem so I suspect it is a Spotify bug, rather than an app issue.

Hi again @MC1771

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this happening with all playlists or just a few?

Also, would you mind sending us the links or URIs to some of the playlists in which Autoplay isn't working? We'll take a better look. 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

Thanks, I just checked and it's definitely all playlists. Whether that be my own playlists, other public playlists, or even just playing through specific albums. I've tried many different albums/playlists, including ones I've never listened to before.

Whenever the last song on the list finishes, it goes back to the start of the playlist/album and pauses. If I check the song queue at any point, it lists the remaining songs on the album/playlist and no more.

Hey @MC1771

Thanks for your reply and the info. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

If possible, could you try logging into your account using a device that's different from yours?

You can also ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your phone or laptop to see if they can replicate the issue. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts