Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows 10 - Repeated "Installation"

Every time I launch spotify on Windows (or almost every time) I get an "installing Spotify" dialog which disappears after a few moments. This completely screws the user experience by adding unnecessary friction and I've seen it happening for years, o...

• Music Fan
  • Every time I launch spotify on Windows (or almost every time) I get an "installing Spotify" dialog which disappears after a few moments.   This completely screws the user experience by adding ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding an album into my Albums library will be increase HD space?

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIf I add an album into my library, does it means that the Spotify App will download cache in my HD? Thank for your help on this question.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue If I add an album into my library, does it means that the Spotify App will download cache ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Player pausing after 9 seconds on every song for a few seconds.

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktop PC, ChromebookOperating SystemWindows 10, Chrome OS, Ubuntu My Question or IssueEvery song that plays stops at 9 seconds, for a few seconds, then resumes playing. This is very annoying, and I cant find a fix. I have looked at...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop PC, Chromebook Operating System Windows 10, Chrome OS, Ubuntu   My Question or Issue Every song that plays stops at 9 seconds, for a few seconds, then resumes...
  • Kamsdill
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues with Podcasts within the last week

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice Operating System My Question or IssueOn my work computer, I can listen to music fine but I’ve been having issues this week with podcasts. They’ll work fine on my phone but my work computer will play podcasts with no voices...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device   Operating System     My Question or Issue On my work computer, I can listen to music fine but I’ve been having issues this week with podcast...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data - more complete solution

This is to address the solution found in this thread:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-Spotify-cannot-migrate-some-of-your-data-quot-annoying/m-p/4486157#M59206This is currently the top Google result for the bug some people have e...

• This is to address the solution found in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-Spotify-cannot-migrate-some-of-your-data-quot-annoying/m-p/4486157#M59206 This is c...
  • KelvinGodde
  • 4 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 20 likes

Solved!! Will I still have my custom songs after i delete it from my computer?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • musicaltabs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song playing

For some reason, songs that are in the software "Spotify" can't be reading. I've already tried to reinstall the software, but didn't work. And for some other reason, in the web player, my song work. Every playlist are now full and no more bug, but I ...

• For some reason, songs that are in the software "Spotify" can't be reading. I've already tried to reinstall the software, but didn't work. And for some other reason, in the web player, my song work. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist playing wrong songs

Windows 10 PremiumI have recently noted that my playlists sometimes play the wrong song.For example, I had some Gorillas tracks and Fun Lovin Crims tracks in the same playlist. I deleted the Gorillas tracks and started playing the Fun Lovin Crims tra...

• Roadie
  • Windows 10  Premium I have recently noted that my playlists sometimes play the wrong song. For example, I had some Gorillas tracks and Fun Lovin Crims tracks in the same playlist. I deleted t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Bad audio quality / No options

Hello there,I'm new to Spotify and quite shocked why is the sound quality is so bad, also why the destkop player has little to no audio options?Up to this point i've mostly used Aimp 3 and the sound on Aimp is absolutely magical, let aside the equali...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, I'm new to Spotify and quite shocked why is the sound quality is so bad, also why the destkop player has little to no audio options? Up to this point i've mostly used Aimp 3 and the ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify jumping around songs

PlamPremium (Family)CountrySweden DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I want to play songs, Spotify just "jumps" around until it stops. Just on my Desktop, not my phone nor my school mac. I have tried to reinstall Spotify...

•   Plam Premium (Family) Country Sweden   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I want to play songs, Spotify just "jumps" around until it s...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug: Full screen issues: Does not show currently playing song when playing through spotify connect

Full screen mode in spotify desktop will show the previously played song instead of the one currently playing if playing as destination for spotify connect. Steps to reproduce: 1. Win10, spotify from windows store2. Open spotify on windows 3. Start p...

• Visitor
  • Full screen mode in spotify desktop will show the previously played song instead of the one currently playing if playing as destination for spotify connect.   Steps to reproduce:   1. W...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing music after screen TURNS ON.

PlanPremiumCountryBoliviaDeviceLaptop LenovoOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueMy laptop is configured to turn off the display automatically when not in use (like all the pcs I've ever had). The music continues to play when my screen turns o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Bolivia Device Laptop Lenovo Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue My laptop is configured to turn off the display automatically when not in use (like al...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Troubleshooting
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Scroll position bug

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell XPS 9365i7-8500Y @ 1.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 13.3" 3200 x 1800 touch displayOperating SystemWindows 10 1809My Question or Issue When pressing the back button at the bottom of the about page to navigate to...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell XPS 9365 i7-8500Y @ 1.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 13.3" 3200 x 1800 touch display Operating System Windows 10 1809 My Question or Issue &...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Slow Windows 10 app.

Hello,My Spotify app has been extremely slow lately, songs won't play for seconds after I click them and music doesn't play/pause for long pauses after I click on the button, artists won' t load either, nothing at all. This started from nowhere, real...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, My Spotify app has been extremely slow lately, songs won't play for seconds after I click them and music doesn't play/pause for long pauses after I click on the button, artists won' t lo...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Skips all songs or calls them all unplayable

Premium user. Spotify just skips all songs. If I try to play one, it will skip through to the next in the palylist. If I play just one song it shows the "cannot play this song right now" for all songs. Most likely related to new sound card, since for...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium user. Spotify just skips all songs. If I try to play one, it will skip through to the next in the palylist. If I play just one song it shows the "cannot play this song right now" for all song...
  • Telemus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This page is not available offline! -- How to fix?

I am a Network Administrator, and I'm trying to get the standalone desktop version of Spotify to work on Windows 10. After entering the account information, the app logs in successfully, however, I'm seeing the following error message: No internet co...

Useless_spotify.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I am a Network Administrator, and I'm trying to get the standalone desktop version of Spotify to work on Windows 10.   After entering the account information, the app logs in successfully...
  • DRSDavidSoft
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify app will not completely load

HP LaptopWindows 10 I am having an ongoing issue with spotify not loading. it only displays a blank black screen, with three dots in the top left hand corner where i can play music. but nothing displays on the screen. i have to close the app via task...

• Roadie
  • HP Laptop Windows 10    I am having an ongoing issue with spotify not loading.  it only displays a blank black screen, with three dots in the top left hand corner where i can play m...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Change text and interface to make them smaller

I have a small resolution PC. It used to fit so nice with small text and interface of earlier versions of spotify. Now The interface is super big and makes me so unconfortable, dont even have space in the middle with the lateral menus.Is there anyway...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a small resolution PC. It used to fit so nice with small text and interface of earlier versions of spotify. Now The interface is super big and makes me so unconfortable, dont even have space i...
  • ty4ky
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why, when I am on my windows PC, Spotify thinks I am German?

PlanPremiumSouth Africa, CountryLanguage, English. Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhy, when I am on my windows PC, Spotify thinks I am German?I have to tell Google to "translate to English" But, when I go into my acount details and s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium South Africa, Country Language, English.   Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why, when I am on my windows PC, Spotify thinks I am German? I hav...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard shortcut - Forward a song

My Question or IssueHello I am trying to create a shortcut to forward songs on Spotify while browsing on Chrome. My computer (XPS17) does not have media keys (except the pause button).Could you help me to create the forward shortcut please?

• Visitor
  •   My Question or Issue Hello I am trying to create a shortcut to forward songs on Spotify while browsing on Chrome.    My computer (XPS17) does not have media keys (except the paus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes