Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

When starting spotify a message appears that says "installing spotify"

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySpainDeviceLenovoOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When starting spotify a message appears that says "installing spotify"

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Spain Device Lenovo Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   When starting spotify a message appears that says "installing spotify"
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics Reset after Pressing the Like Button

So i'm using spotify on Windows 10, and i just find out, if you like a music while seeing the lyrics, the same will reset and not work for that song until it finishes. i'm not troubled by this, just posting 'cause it's an easy fix for something so si...

• Visitor
  • So i'm using spotify on Windows 10, and i just find out, if you like a music while seeing the lyrics, the same will reset and not work for that song until it finishes.   i'm not troubled by th...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • "Windows" "Bug"
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Feed won't load all my friends

When I went into Spotify this morning, I was shocked to see that my friends list had shrank to a mere 7, a drop from the 30+ I had the other day. Are they failing to load? I redownloaded it, and tried everything that your help page told us to, but it...

• Visitor
  • When I went into Spotify this morning, I was shocked to see that my friends list had shrank to a mere 7, a drop from the 30+ I had the other day. Are they failing to load? I redownloaded it, and trie...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cisco asa, sonos and spotify connect dont work togeteher

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceWindows Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a cisco asa 5506-x with any any Ip opening. That means that everything on my subnet passes trough. I only have one vlan that is connecting everything. My issu...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Windows  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have a cisco asa 5506-x with any any Ip opening. That means that everything on my ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cosmetic defect: like and don't like

PlanPremiumCountryRussia Operating SystemWindows 10 LTSC, Hardware Acceleration turned off Icon mismatch is so annoying, please fix it.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia   Operating System Windows 10 LTSC, Hardware Acceleration turned off   Icon mismatch is so annoying, please fix it.
  • DerMaddin
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution can't play the current song error on ANY SONG

Windows 10 literally on every song I have the 'can't play the current song' error. spotify plays like 5 seconds of the songs that I have played before and then it stops and the error will pop up. for the new song it just doesn't even load the cover! ...

• Visitor
  •   Windows 10   literally on every song I have the 'can't play the current song' error. spotify plays like 5 seconds of the songs that I have played before and then it stops and the error...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play any song

PlanFreeCountryQatarDevice(Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI can't play any songs. When playing songs, it will play and after 6 seconds it will stop playing and say "Can't play the current song". This happens to all the songs....

• Plan Free Country Qatar Device (Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I can't play any songs. When playing songs, it will play and after 6 seconds it will stop p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Strange. When I click play all the songs skip automatically in a row in seconds and I can not liste

Since last week I can not use Spoty on my Pc. Whenever I click play on any playlist I can only see all the songs skipping one after the other in seconds and can not listen to any audio. It works well on my mobile. PlanPremiumCountry: Spain Operating ...

• Visitor
  • Since last week I can not use Spoty on my Pc. Whenever I click play on any playlist I can only see all the songs skipping one after the other in seconds and can not listen to any audio. It works well...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Problème de lecture avec l'application PC

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueBonjour,Depuis hier l'application Spotify ne veux plus lire ma musique et me retourne systématiquement le message suivant :"Spotify ne peut pas lire ce contenu pour le mom...

Capture d'écran 2020-09-27 10.57.49.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Bonjour, Depuis hier l'application Spotify ne veux plus lire ma musique et me retourne systéma...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Casting a non repeating playlist to a google home mini

I'm using a windows 10 pc and the spotify free app. On my computer I can play a playlist and turn repeat off so it shuffles but won't play the same thing twice. My computer speakers aren't great so I'd like to play through my google home mini. But I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a windows 10 pc and the spotify free app. On my computer I can play a playlist and turn repeat off so it shuffles but won't play the same thing twice. My computer speakers aren't great so I...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can I share my local files to my family?

May people from my family account can access my local files? If so, how to do it?

• Casual Listener
  • May people from my family account can access my local files? If so, how to do it?
  • MadmanOnWheels
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Create Playlist Xbox

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceXBOX ONEOperating SystemXBOX ONE My Issuecannot create playlist I got to my library there is no such option this is really stupid. I also noticed there is a discography option to look in an artist but, even if I were able to ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA   Device XBOX ONE Operating System XBOX ONE   My Issue cannot create playlist I got to my library there is no such option this is really stupid. I a...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artists and Albums removed!

Premium New Zealand HP Spectre, Samsung A51Windows 10, Android Nearly all my artists are missing. Only 5 show in the desktop App and the Android App.Nearly all my albums are missing. Only 6 show in the desktop App.However maybe most but at least over...

•   Premium   New Zealand   HP Spectre, Samsung A51 Windows 10, Android   Nearly all my artists are missing. Only 5 show in the desktop App and the Android App. Nearly all ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album list
    Albums
    artist
    Missing Albums
    missing artists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ads not playing

PlanFreeCountryThe NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've had this 2 times now. I'm listening to music (of course), ads start playing like normal, I wait out 2 ads and then the 3rd ad (always an ad from spotify themsel...

• Plan Free Country The Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've had this 2 times now. I'm listening to music (of course), ads start playing like nor...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not playing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When I try playing music from my playlist, it doesn't show my saved music. And songs do not load

PlanFreeCountryRomaniaDeviceHP laptop early 2013Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen I try to play songs from my playlist, the songs do not how up, making the playlist empty. And playing songs individually doesn't work either, not loadi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Romania Device HP laptop early 2013 Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When I try to play songs from my playlist, the songs do not how up, making the playlist...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Show control bar when application is minimized in the tray

Can you make control bar available when hover mouse over Spotify icon, when the application is minimized in the tray, just like when in minimized in the taskbar?Check the attached file for ideas Thank you,Boris

• Visitor
  • Can you make control bar available when hover mouse over Spotify icon, when the application is minimized in the tray, just like when in minimized in the taskbar? Check the attached file for ideas 🙂...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • control bar
    tray
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't read anysong

PlanPremiumCountryFrance Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, since 1 month (already god damn) i can't use Desktop version for playing my music, i need to use the browser app or my phone to listen to music, otherwise it's doesn't work.I...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country France   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, since 1 month (already god damn) i can't use Desktop version for playing my music, i ne...
  • Algost
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • can't read song
    Issues
    spotify desktop
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Crashes when searching local files on Windows 10 app

PlanPremiumCountryChile/ formerly NetherlandsDeviceLenovo Ideapad S340 Operating SystemWindows 10 home 64x My Question or IssueI currently changed laptop, and the Windows 10 app keeps crashing after trying to use the search bar in synced my local fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Chile/ formerly Netherlands Device Lenovo Ideapad S340  Operating System Windows 10 home 64x   My Question or Issue I currently changed laptop, and the Window...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • local files
    Local files on Windows 10
    Microsoft Store
    Search through local files
    Windows 10
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop and mobile are different accounts?????

Im having a problem where my desktop version is acting like its a different account from my mobile version. For example, i can only add new songs on my mobile created playlists from my desktop if the playlist is on collaborative mode, and they show d...

Screenshot_2.jpg Screenshot_3.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Im having a problem where my desktop version is acting like its a different account from my mobile version. For example, i can only add new songs on my mobile created playlists from my desktop if the...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio plays hidden songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen playing an artist radio, after hiding a song, eventually Spotify plays the hidden song again. For example, I have a Skrillex artist radio station, and I keep hiding "Nuclear Bass...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When playing an artist radio, after hiding a song, eventually Spotify plays the hidden song again. For example,...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes