Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bit of a weird situation - Windows 10 stopping playback upon shutting monitors off

Solved!

Bit of a weird situation - Windows 10 stopping playback upon shutting monitors off

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Gaming PC (Custom build)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Alright, this is where it gets right messed up - Whenever I shut both of my monitors off, playback shuts down after a few seconds. Its never done this before, my PC hasnt changed, and nothing is wrong with my PC at this moment. It only occurs when my monitors are shut off. At no other point it does it, and its got me confused. Anyone got an answer?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right on, so I figured it out. I've got a third HDMI connected screen that is currently inactive, but the audio input to the tele is still active, which it tries to force to, and upon changing, makes me believe playback has stopped, when it is just forced through an inactive audio output. I have managed to disable this output, and got my spotify to work again. My issue has been resolved!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Right on, so I figured it out. I've got a third HDMI connected screen that is currently inactive, but the audio input to the tele is still active, which it tries to force to, and upon changing, makes me believe playback has stopped, when it is just forced through an inactive audio output. I have managed to disable this output, and got my spotify to work again. My issue has been resolved!

Suggested posts