Country

United Kingdom

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi! I hope you're having a good day,

So I'm really confused, I transferred a bunch of songs (30 or so) using Local Files and moved them into a playlist, the playlist is public and everything but when I tested the link/playlist, the songs were greyed out? What I'm saying is, only I could play those songs on this computer, nobody else, not even my phone could play those songs yet my friend has a playlist with songs from Local Files and everyone can access hers? Really confused, I don't know whether I'm being stupid and you can't share public playlists with Local File songs on it or I'm doing it wrong haha. Please help as I'd really like to share these songs on this playlist, thank you!

Have a nice day,

Evie.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Evie, thanks for your post! While I can't say for certain what might be different about your friend's playlist, I can confirm that the behavior you described with yours is normal. In the past, Spotify would try to auto-match local tracks to its streaming library, so if you accessed the playlist from a device that didn't have the local tracks on it, you'd still be able to listen to these songs if they were available. Unfortunately, Spotify no longer performs this function, so you would need to manually replace these local tracks with the Spotify versions in order to make them available to others who try to listen to your playlist. Hope that makes sense! Let me know if any other issues with this.
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Evie, thanks for your post! While I can't say for certain what might be different about your friend's playlist, I can confirm that the behavior you described with yours is normal. In the past, Spotify would try to auto-match local tracks to its streaming library, so if you accessed the playlist from a device that didn't have the local tracks on it, you'd still be able to listen to these songs if they were available. Unfortunately, Spotify no longer performs this function, so you would need to manually replace these local tracks with the Spotify versions in order to make them available to others who try to listen to your playlist. Hope that makes sense! Let me know if any other issues with this.
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi again, I got my Local File playlist to download fully on my iPhone, however, the playlist glitched and not all the songs showed up on my computer, so I un-downloaded the playlist and tried to redownload it but now it's stuck on waiting and the songs are greyed out?? Not familiar with this issue yet, my WiFi etc is all perfectly fine so I don't know why these songs are greyed and won't download. Please help, thanks,

Evie.

Hey there @evieromano,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If you're having difficulties syncing your local files to your iPhone, we first off recommend you check out this post.

If not all of the tracks you wish to import show up on your desktop device, you can try out these steps

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout in case you still need help. We're always happy to lend a hand 🙂

Suggested posts