Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blue "Devices Available" bar disable?

Solved!

Blue "Devices Available" bar disable?

Why can't you disable this bar from popping up EVERY time I open spotiy somewhere. Please, let me disable it from popping up. Sure, I can remove temporarily by clicking the X, but jesus christ. I use spotify on multiple computers and I switch between them often. It's just so annoying to see.

blue bar.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is a real issue when the design includes a recurring, visually repugnant "feature" that tells me to use the "cool new Spotify feature" to control Spotify on my work computer instead of the desktop application that I opened. This is what you call an ad. Spotify is advertising at me when I pay Spotify to not advertise at me. This is even more annoying when I already use the feature when I use my phone to control the music on my PS4. I don't need to know that there is are devices available on my desktop with an intrusive, ugly banner ad when the only reason I pay for Spotify is to not have ads on Spotify. 

There is an issue. Don't patronize a customer by saying there couldn't be an "actual issue" with a "function" of the flawed design.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hello!
Spotify usually makes that bar pop-up if you have another device with Spotify opened or if you have a device like a Chromecast close to you. Best bet is to close Spotify on all other devices since currently there is no workaround.

Be sure to upvote this idea over on the Spotify Idea Exchange to let the Spotify team know you'd like to see this changed 🙂

I'm sorry about your situation but there seems there is no way around at this time. It is something that they gotta work on but unfortunately doesn't seem they will in anytime soon!

Let's keep fingers crossed and see what comes up in next update!

Have a nice day 😉

This is very annoying. Looking for a solution

@Stalwart this is not an actual issue. Just because it is visually annoying to you doesn't have to be the same for the rest. Therefore, Spotify will not give too much attention to it. I am sorry if it really affects you, but that's how things are. It was intentionally made to let you know you can switch in anytime to another device that is linked to your account and is currently with Spotify active.

There is no solution for it, because (as I said previously) it's not an issue. It is a function of Spotify that may or may not be altered anytime soon.

Have a nice day ;D

Have a look in %appdata%\Spotify\Apps\zlink.spa (opens as zip) and edit the index.html. The part you're looking to remove, I'm guessing, is the div with id=remote-playback-bar-new.

Or you could edit the style.css in the same spa-file and change the rule for .view-player .remote-playback-bar.visible to display: none;

I haven't tried this myself so might not be the right place but looks like it could be the bunny right there.

YMMV. ^_^

Totally with you on this one, it's a feature, and like all features you can click on the button to access it.  We do not need a reminder every time we open spotify that we can change device.  Other features don't get a closeable reminder every time we open - why should this one?  I get that the developers are proud of this new functionality but it's more annoying than helpful as it stands.  It should appear once, or at most 5 times to show people that it is possible, then never appear again.  Poor design.

This has become my latest peeve. Not on Spotify but in life and 2017 in general. It is just one click to get rid of it, but the blue bar is just too much! And probably one click (OK maybe a few more) for Spotify to solve it. I'll be patient 🙂

Hello everyone!

This is a month old made by @LasseLekekasse! This is not an actual issue. If you'd like to have the blue bar disabled, please refer to the Ideas section.

Have a nice day y'all!

Marked as solution

There is a real issue when the design includes a recurring, visually repugnant "feature" that tells me to use the "cool new Spotify feature" to control Spotify on my work computer instead of the desktop application that I opened. This is what you call an ad. Spotify is advertising at me when I pay Spotify to not advertise at me. This is even more annoying when I already use the feature when I use my phone to control the music on my PS4. I don't need to know that there is are devices available on my desktop with an intrusive, ugly banner ad when the only reason I pay for Spotify is to not have ads on Spotify. 

There is an issue. Don't patronize a customer by saying there couldn't be an "actual issue" with a "function" of the flawed design.

Suggested posts