Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CTRL + L does not select all text for a new search

CTRL + L does not select all text for a new search

On previous versions when you use this desktop shortcut and you had previous text on the input it will select/highlight it all to enter a new whole search. Now only focus on the input so you have to select manually the text and delete it to perform a new search.

The first picture is the current behaviour when you enter CTRL +L. The second is the desired when you do the same.

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-03 175144.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-03 175150.png

7 Replies

Hi there @golfeitor,

thanks for reaching out !

I've tried both Ctrl+A and Ctrl+L and they both work when trying to select all the text presented on the search bar.

Could you please provide your Spotify version ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

also running into this issue, it seems minor but is actually quite annoying!

using Mac OS version 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a and Windows version 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a

@OneByBoo the point we're trying to make here is to not have to use Ctrl+A, rather just Ctrl+L (Cmd keys on Mac)

It used to function this way, it does not anymore! Please let me know if there are any other questions i can answer!

Hey there @pdoggydog

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We can confirm that this is the expected behavior in the new interface.

In this case, we'd recommend adding your feedback to this Feedback thread. As the right teams are still collecting ideas on how to make the Desktop app better and more user friendly, this is the best place to post your comments.

Hope you find this info helpful 🙂

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This problem is present on Windows for version 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a.

I believe this problem has been present since the latest UI revamp.

My recommendation is to bring back the old ctrl-l behavior, where pressing ctrl-l leads to caret focus on the query field, with the current value being selected.

This is the expected behavior on Windows, and I would recommend that the Spotify application complies with expected behavior on the operating system.

Hey @auriculectomy,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend sharing your thoughts on this in the Feedback thread that @Eni has linked to 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, Alex.
I posted on that thread, linking back to this one and included the relevant part of my text there as well.
I see that there is a lot of activity on that thread, so I'm a bit worried my post will get lost in the activity, but I'm guessing you guys are monitoring the thread actively.
Thanks for helping.

Hey @auriculectomy,

Thanks for the reply.

We understand your concern. Rest assured, everything from that thread is being sorted and passed on to the development team directly.

We don't have official info on what features will be worked on for the next release, but so far there have been quite a few improvements in the last few updates to the new UI.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts