Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't react properly to Cortana's command to "play music"

PlanPremiumCountryCzechiaDeviceDELL XPS 13 9370Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I say "Hey Cortana, play music", she just brings Spotify window to focus and the playback stops if it was playing before, or simply doesn't start p...

nimareq_0-1611430145741.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Czechia Device DELL XPS 13 9370 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I say "Hey Cortana, play music", she just brings Spotify window to focu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cortana
    voice
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Follow artist broken

I don't know if it's just a problem with the new desktop version of Spotify but when I click the FOLLOW button on an artist page, it just doesn't work.Sometimes I can see the the newly added artists in the library section, but when I restart spotify,...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't know if it's just a problem with the new desktop version of Spotify but when I click the FOLLOW button on an artist page, it just doesn't work. Sometimes I can see the the newly added artist...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Joe Rogan video player freezes.. why are there ads on PREMIUM?

Attempted to watch an episode for the first time on my Spotify Premium, video player completely froze 10 minutes in. Couldn't get it to recover. I backed up the playhead then it cut to 3 different advertisements which are separate Spotify files.. I s...

• Gig Goer
  • Attempted to watch an episode for the first time on my Spotify Premium, video player completely froze 10 minutes in. Couldn't get it to recover. I backed up the playhead then it cut to 3 different ad...
  • Madferret
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution (Desktop) Problem with the new update 1.1.51 Can't load the page

My Question or IssuePlease since I got this new update 1.1.51.380 I have this issue where I got theOoops can't load page and the social bar not showing + my name and pic not showing replaced by Spotify ID e.g. :8wzaksc6dwdxsfd So I have to log out an...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Please since I got this new  update 1.1.51.380 I have this issue where I got the Ooops can't load page and the social bar not showing + my name and pic not showi...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Web Player] [BUG] How to get rid of this unnecessary section that blocks my Playlist

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceHP laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI keep finding this unnecessary Division section that comes over the Playlist that I play on the Web Player, I opened the player on both Google Chrome and Brave Browse...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device HP laptop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I keep finding this unnecessary Division section that comes over the Playlist that I p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] THE SONG IS NOT PLAYING

PLANFREECOUNTRYINDIAOPERATING SYSTEMWINDOWS 10 64 BIT PLEASE HELP ME OUT THE SPOTIFY APP ON WINDOWS WONT PLAY ANYTHINGI AM REALLY SAD I TRIED ALL THE THINGS INCLUDING1. REINSTALLING LATEST VERSION2.LOG OUT AND LOG IN3.TRIED INSTALLING FRROM OFFLINE I...

• Visitor
  • PLAN FREE COUNTRY INDIA OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS 10 64 BIT   PLEASE HELP ME OUT THE SPOTIFY APP ON WINDOWS WONT PLAY ANYTHING I AM REALLY SAD I TRIED ALL THE THINGS INCLUDING 1. REI...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify switches to a random song

PlanPremiumCountryDEDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Spotify keeps switching to a random song I've never even heard of before (Belizian Dreams by Organic Julia) and then mutes itself and can't be unmuted even if I switch songs. It can only be ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country DE Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   Spotify keeps switching to a random song I've never even heard of before (Belizian Dreams by Organic Julia) and then...
  • dfd1717
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution podcast video so large it's obscuring individual podcast titles

Can not see the list of Joe Rogan podcasts Because of the huge size of the video box, it's not possible to scroll through Joe's different episodes as can only glimpse one line of the description and title at a time.

• Casual Listener
  •   Can not see the list of Joe Rogan podcasts  Because of the huge size of the video box, it's not possible to scroll through Joe's different episodes as can only glimpse one line of the d...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how do i get rid of this damn thing

how do i get rid of this damn overlay its on top of everything so i cant play anything or watch anything without it being in the way and its now getting me really annoyed. its not even showing stuff from my account its showing stuff from my dads!!

Capture.PNG
  • Visitor
  • how do i get rid of this damn overlay its on top of everything so i cant play anything or watch anything without it being in the way and its now getting me really annoyed. its not even showing stuff ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Saving playlist name - always adding "2"

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I'm adding a new playlist, Spotify app is adding to the name of this playlist number "2". I know, that it should add "2" when the same name of playlist is already sav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I'm adding a new playlist, Spotify app is adding to the name of this playlist number "2". ...
  • blakers42
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't change my offline storage location

PlanPremium CountryFrance DeviceComputer Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, I have a problem. On my desktop app, with Windows 10, I can't change my location off my offline storage location. I just don't have the setting even in "Sh...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country France   Device Computer   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a problem. On my desktop app, with Windows 10, I ca...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Does Anything Work?

My Question or IssueHaving to use the Windows 10 desktop app as the website as the Spotify web player ALWAYS states 'something has gone wrong'. At least the website allows you to use your robot to autofill complex passwords which the app doesn't. Log...

• My Question or Issue Having to use the Windows 10 desktop app as the website as the Spotify web player ALWAYS states 'something has gone wrong'. At least the website allows you to use your robot to ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The cache storage location does not change

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUnable to change cache storage location. As a result, the application takes up a lot of space on the wrong disk! You can also clear the cache only by reinstalling the appl...

• Plan Premium Country Russia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Unable to change cache storage location. As a result, the application takes up a lot of space o...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts Error from YOUR LIBRARY

Windows Ten:When I go to YOUR LIBRARY and click on Podcasts I get this standard Spotify Error Image and message "There was a problem displaying this page! This page either does not exist or an error occurred."  Any solutions?Thank youScott

spotify.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • Windows Ten: When I go to YOUR LIBRARY and click on Podcasts I get this standard Spotify Error Image and message "There was a problem displaying this page!  This page either does not exist or a...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search function not working at all

Since one of the recent updates the search function in my spotify desktop app is not working anymore.when i type in a word, the screen stays empty.no search result header or anything.just blank space.I know there are some more posts about this, but e...

• Visitor
  • Since one of the recent updates the search function in my spotify desktop app is not working anymore. when i type in a word, the screen stays empty. no search result header or anything. just blank...
  • Treebie
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution "Create similar Playlist" not creating any new playlists

My Question or IssueI like to use this feature almost always to discover new songs and form playlists, however it seems unresponsive in any instance. I am aware you cannot use this feature on playlists not formely created by you. I have also reinstal...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue I like to use this feature almost always to discover new songs and form playlists, however it seems unresponsive in any instance. I am aware you cannot use this feature on playl...
  • adesida
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • create similar
    not creating
    similar playlist
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Clicking on Album Art in a playlist does not work correctly after resorting

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSurface Book 2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis issue is caused by starting to play from a playlist (either shuffled or in order), then sorting the playlist in a different order or by a different column. P...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Surface Book 2 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This issue is caused by starting to play from a playlist (either shuffled or in order)...
  • spenat28
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop spotify keeps going 'Offline" but wifi constantly on

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSpotify keeps going "offline" "Error Code 4" on my desktop and says it will reconnect when...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Spotify k...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows10 Store replaces installation

Whenever I run spotify after i.e. system has started, the application looks like this: And I would like to have this version:(Notice: different UI buttons: browse, radio, etc.) The version from second screenshot contains more albums, works better and...

Untitled.png Spotify-Devices-options.png
  • Whenever I run spotify after i.e. system has started, the application looks like this:   And I would like to have this version: (Notice: different UI buttons: browse, radio, etc.) ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution open.spotify not usable anymore

What happened to open.spotify?I use firefox - there are only giant pictures in it, it is terrible to search for anything, where are my playlist? This is not possible to do anything with this new design!

• Music Fan
  • What happened to open.spotify? I use firefox - there are only giant pictures in it, it is terrible to search for anything, where are my playlist? This is not possible to do anything with this ne...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes