Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution An issue with Workout genre on My Spotify for Windows

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI haven't see any playlists in workout c...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Browse
    genres
    Spotify for Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't change place for cache

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10,etc Question or IssueI would like to move the place for offline and cache, but I don't have that option under advanced settings. I just reinstalled spotify after resetting my computer. where can I find that setti...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10,etc  Question or Issue I would like to move the place for offline and cache, but I don't have that  option under advanced settings. I j...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cache
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Spotify Download Error

Spotify kept pausing every few seconds so I uninstalled it and am trying to reinstall it. My internet works completely fine (can stream video and music from other places) on my computer (is plugged in via ethernet) and other devices. When I try to re...

• Visitor
  • Spotify kept pausing every few seconds so I uninstalled it and am trying to reinstall it. My internet works completely fine (can stream video and music from other places) on my computer (is plug...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist suggestions (Add)

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueYesterday (18 Jan 2021), I was listening to a playlist I created a while back and to my surprise, there was a new section at the bottom of the playlist with suggestions of similar artists and ...

Mr_Ty_0-1611065362901.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Yesterday (18 Jan 2021), I was listening to a playlist I created a while back and to my surprise, there was a new section at...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stalling

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSpotify for WindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen playing the app in Windows 10 (Both on Desktop and on my Surface Tablet) it plays fine til it hits commercials then every couple days when a comm...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Spotify for Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When playing the app in Windows 10 (Both on Desktop and on my Surface Tabl...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not all local files showing

PlanPremium DuoCountryUK DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi there, Not all of my local files show in spotify.I have attatched screenshots showing the problem.I have tried:- removing and re-adding the local folder- removing the ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Duo Country UK   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi there,   Not all of my local files show in spotify. I have attatched...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Drop down menu dissapears when you disable show friend activity in the windows app.

Hello, I've encountered a very simple and annoying problem with Spotify windows app. When show friends activity is enabled the arrow with the drop-down menu is accessible, but when you disable friend activity it automatically disappears. This does no...

Thakeriile_1-1611023195499.png Thakeriile_2-1611023218778.png
  • Visitor
  • Hello, I've encountered a very simple and annoying problem with Spotify windows app. When show friends activity is enabled the arrow with the drop-down menu is accessible, but when you disable friend...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    settings
    windows app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Doesn‘t Show Lyrics!!! (VER:1.1.48.625)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLenovo 730 Operating SystemWindows 10 64bithttps://support.spotify.com/us/article/view-lyrics/I have tried getting lyric to work on both desktop and phone but neither work!Absolute debacle!Below, I have attached s...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Lenovo 730  Operating System Windows 10 64bit https://support.spotify.com/us/article/view-lyrics/ I have tried getting lyric to work on both de...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution High CPU usage Podcast Videos

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have noted a very high CPU usage from watching podcast videos on the Spotify desktop app. When listening to music the CPU usage is around 1%, while watching a video ...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have noted a very high CPU usage from watching podcast videos on the Spotify desktop app....
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Video Podcast
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Where is the option to change the folder downloads?

I can't find the option for change the folder of the downloads playlist. PlanPremiumCountrySpain Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow Can I Change and locate the folder of the downloads?

• Casual Listener
  • I can't find the option for change the folder of the downloads playlist.  Plan Premium Country Spain   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How ...
  • SISOR
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Please add an equalizer to pc/desktop spotify.

I don't understand why there isn't one. Really.. the app on my phone has it? but not my pc?

• Music Fan
  • I don't understand why there isn't one. Really.. the app on my phone has it? but not my pc?
  • eglinski
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Desktop App Command Prompt Commands

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDoes anyone know any command prompt commands for the Windows 10 desktop app? I'm writing a python script to control spotify through command prompt, but the only co...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Does anyone know any command prompt commands for the Windows 10 desktop app? I'm writin...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution very slow

everytime i open up spotify on my pc it is very slow to open it took me over 5mins.. after 5 mins i can allowed to play some music about 7 time then it frezzing up i have to closed it every time... so annoying.....

• Casual Listener
  • everytime i open up spotify on my pc it is very slow to open it took me over 5mins.. after 5 mins i can allowed  to play some music about 7 time then it frezzing up i have to closed it every tim...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Rewinding staying in playlist while skipping changes the playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSkipping songs changes the playlist to another even with repeat on while rewinding keeps playing songs from that playlist i had originally selectedhttps://youtu.be/mPeWNmlLNac...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Skipping songs changes the playlist to another even with repeat on while rewinding keeps pl...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to play playlist folder

I am no longer able to use the play button on my playlist folders. The button is present but pressing it does nothing. Playing from an individual playlist within the folder works fine though. Is this normal? I recall being able to play the folder its...

• Regular
  • I am no longer able to use the play button on my playlist folders. The button is present but pressing it does nothing. Playing from an individual playlist within the folder works fine though. Is this...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts automatically at Windows startup

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issue If I check "don't start spotify at Windows start" , spotify will most of the time start automatically anyway, it's random, this is clearly an issue, very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue   If I check "don't start spotify at Windows start" , spotify will most of the time start...
  • jcc3d
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Some songs radio don't load

PlanPremiumCountryRussian FederationDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome songs radio won't load (when I use song -> go to song radio option). Loading screen appears and sits there infinitely. The feature works for most songs/ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russian Federation Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some songs radio won't load (when I use song -> go to song radio option). Loadin...
  • pvt2369
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • song radio
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity

PlanPremiumCountryAmericaDeviceWindows DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueBefore the update, I could see friend activity just by following them but now it says I have to make a Facebook account in order to do that. Is it possible t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country America Device Windows Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Before the update, I could see friend activity just by following them but now it ...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Search] Up accessibility for search, annoying new user experience.

used spotify for a while and one thing that is annoying is that its like 3 steps to search for a song/artist, which more or less is the base principle for you application introduce a short hand to get to the search quick. i know you need test new thi...

• Casual Listener
  • used spotify for a while and one thing that is annoying is that its like 3 steps to search for a song/artist, which more or less is the base principle for you application introduce a short hand to ge...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When using a vertical dual monitor Spotify doesn't correctly fullscreen on 2nd monitor.

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I run dual monitors in a Vertical layout so my main one is at the bottom and the 2nd one is above. I like to put Spotify on my 2nd monitor (Top) while working on my 1st monitor (Bottom). If I dr...

• Regular
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I run dual monitors in a Vertical layout so my main one is at the bottom and the 2nd one is above. I like to put Spotif...
  • dokterryconn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes