Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Application becomes unplayable after every Android mobile update release

[Desktop] Application becomes unplayable after every Android mobile update release

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Laptop: HP

Mobile: Sony Xperia ii

Operating System

Mobile: Android 11

Laptop: Windows 10 Enterprise

My Question or Issue

Spotify desktop application is unplayable after every mobile update release. Upon clicking the icon, it shows:

Something went wrong. Try reloading the page.

You may refer to the attached file. Closing, reloading and restarting the app doesn't fix the issue.  This has been happening for a few months already. Per my observation, the error is happening after every mobile update version released. In my recent observation, Spotify has an Android update last July 12, upon opening the desktop app on July 17, its already showing that error.

2021-07-17_13h26_37.png
8 Replies

Hey @angelakrysta,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after running a clean reinstall on your devices? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. This tends to resolve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Afterwards you should also check your host files on your computer. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail,

Thank you for checking my concern.

I have been reinstalling the desktop app in the past whenever I encounter this and issue still persist. I also did not see any Spotify in the host file.

Hi @angelakrysta,

Thank you for your reply.

We suggest that you follow the steps that's provided in this article. There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick we recommend that you contact out customer support and tell them to help you remove any possible corrupt device since we can't do it directly from our end.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy/@Mihail,

Thank you, I've done the instruction on the replies you sent. I'll monitor in the next version update and/or in the following weeks/months if I'll still encounter this issue and will keep you updated. 

Hey @angelakrystam, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Take your time to monitor this and let us know how it went. 

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi everyone,

The issue happened again, after I've updated Spotify mobile app, the desktop app became unplayable again - same with the screen shot I initially attached. I did a clean install previously as mentioned, both the mobile and desktop apps.

Regards.

Hi @angelakrysta,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Since this is quite odd, we suggest reaching out to our Support team as @Jeremy suggested so they can take a closer look at your account and further look into this. You can do so through any of these channels.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Hi everyone, 

Just to be more clear on this, the scenario where my desktop app becomes unplayable happens after every Spotify version releases (after I've updated my mobile app to the latest Spotify version in the Playstore), and not after Android software updates.

Thank you all, appreciate your help on this!

Suggested posts