Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add to the queue

Can't add to the queue

After loading the latest update (version 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9), it cleared my queue and now won't let me add anything new to the queue. I've tried right clicking from my history, from new albums, anywhere. I can play music directly but can't seem to add anything new to the queue.

Any ideas?

80 Replies

Same as jcolombi here; it worked for me last night (Central European Time), and now this morning it's back to not working.

No change here yet. Just opened it up and still only see 50 tracks in the queue and while it seems to actually be adding them, they are hidden until you get to the end of those 50 tracks. Delete works but ONLY UPDATES if you start playing another playlist to get the queue to forcibly update.

And when you add to the (invisible) queue, you get no notification/indication whether it worked or not - it used to be if the right-click menu disappeared, you were golden. Now, since that can take 2 - 200 seconds to disappear, you have no clue if it worked or timed out.

Installed 1.0.8.44.g2d463d4e - no change to my earlier report

I sent a video to @SpotifyCares twitter hoping the issue gets fixed soon. As they seem to be clueless of what we are saying... All I got back was their team is investigating the issue. However will it get resolved that is entirely up to Spotify to fix... With the direction of each update who knows what will happen.

I've got the exact same problem on two Windows 8.1 computers (Spotify 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 desktop). The "add to queue" feature is completely broken. I select a track, click add to queue, go to the queue and there's nothing there. No way around this except downgrading Spotfy. That works for one session, but then Spotify auto-updates (no way to stop it) the next time you open it.

Spotify, you need to fix this ASAP! Nothing has ever made me consider switching to another music service before, but Spotify is absolutely worthless to me without "add to queue".

The queue is working again for me now! (Thursday evening CET) Fingers crossed it sticks this time. Thanks so much to the support team for addressing the issue. 🙂

I queue up to 100-200 songs at one time, so this issue with only seeing 50 at once kinda sucks for me. Means I can't drag songs further up when I want to. I mean, the queue itself works, but I don't want to WAIT to see or edit queued songs, that's just annoying. 

Really would like for this to be fixed, please.

And the fun continues ... opened Spotify today and my queue is completely gone. But wait - there's more! It comes back (well, insomuch as it does at this point) after playing a song from a playlist. 

This is getting ridiculous. What other options are there?

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing some issues.

Our team is currently looking into it. Look out for any updates. Hopefully it will help. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks!

Is this new to you guys? It's been like that for me Windows64 user since the new look on spotify came on, I add songs to the queue, go to it, try to arrange some songs around, nothing, add more songs to the queue, come back to the queue, nothing new in it, switch off windows without closing spotify: old queue from when I previously opened spotify still there, what is going on? it's been so many months like that, I still only use this software because of the music because the code of this program sucks hard dicks, and puts them in its ass all day long, and again and again...

For me, it's been changing back and forth between working and not working this week; seemingly at random each time I start the program. Thanks for keeping us updated, at least! 🙂

I installed 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 - no change to my earlier report

I've been updated twice in the last week (on 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 now), but still no discernible change. Are you still working on this?

Hi

I have version 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38 on Mac OS X Yosemite

I can't seem to add to the queue at all, either by click-and-drag or by selecting the 'add to queue' option on individual tracks.

Something else weird: I dragged a whole album to the Queue. It didn't appear (or start playing) but when I click on the queue icon, the view toggles between this album and the auto queue selections already there (from the last playlist I selected).

This is a major hassle: no longer being able to choose what tracks and in what order I listen to them defeats the whole object of Spotify for me and surely for all users?

I had the same problem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it cleared the problem  spoti.fi/1mOyiE1

Uninstall and reinstall fixed it for me
http://spoti.fi/1mOyiE1

Yeah, I tried that, but as soon as Spotify auto-updated, the problem was back.

Oh dear that's s bit depressing. I was advised to do the reinstall by the "Spotify cares" team in Twitter so if the problem reoccurs I'll take it up with them an pass on any (more sustainable) solution they come up with.

I installed 1.0.10.104.ge563a026 - no change to my earlier report

Spotify,

Any update on this issue... I'm still having this issue with the latest (1.0.10.107.gd0dfca3a) and it's getting REALLY ANNOYING...

Suggested posts