Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't move my songs up in a playlist

Can't move my songs up in a playlist

Hi, it appears to me that there's no problem moving the songs down in my playlist, but when I try up, it just does not move. I don't really know if I'm the first lucky one to have this different type a deal issue.

Plan  

Premium 

Country

Turkey

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

7 Replies

Hey there!

Have you tried a reinstall or a clean install of the app? It tends to solve all such issues. You can select multiple songs and move by dragging as well as use the default filters present which sorts your playlist on mobile as well as desktop application, like, Title, Time, Date Added etc.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @nihaodali,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

If the steps suggested by @user-removed didn't resolve your issue then you're likely in the test group of our New Desktop Experience which we're currently rolling out. We are aware that this new app version is missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app and our tech teams are working hard on fixing those as soon as possible.

You're welcome to leave any feedback you have related to this update in the thread here. Our developers are taking everything that's being shared in there under consideration, so any suggestions you have to improve the new experience will be greatly appreciated.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's still not sorted.. annoying 

Hey @nigews,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

This inconvenience was reported here. In the meantime, we suggest you try the workaround in the Status. Feel free to add your vote. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Doesnt work for me in the ios version or the destop version, does nothin in the ios version. the destop one just asks if i want to add it again to my playlist. this is a bit of a deal breaker for me. I'm so used to rearranging my lists in itunes.

Hey there @jon4tina

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you having issues with adding songs to your playlists or with editing the songs' order?

Also, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps. 

If you haven't performed a clean reinstall of the app on your devices yet, we suggest that you do so by following the steps here

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

very frustrated....can no longer organize my playlists...move them around in the list of playlists. when adding something to a playlist that song or songs remain in the list even after being moved to a playlist. wth????

Suggested posts