Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't play any song

Solved!

Can't play any song

Hello, around 2 weeks ago (or 1), my spotify started going a little crazy. I could only play songs from my favorite songs. If i tried something that wasnt in my library, it would have a black cd and wouldnt play. Only way that i could play that song was to reinstall spotify. But now even my Favorite songs disappeared. I tried reinstalling multiple times, at least 5-10 and nothing helped. 

Here you can see the issue: https://imgur.com/a/pXrHiND

anyone has any idea on how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @roybreaker

Can you please try this:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

This is a workaround which seems to be working for some users but the issue you are facing is a known bug with the desktop client right now and is being looked into. I hope this gets fixed at Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @roybreaker

Can you please try this:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

This is a workaround which seems to be working for some users but the issue you are facing is a known bug with the desktop client right now and is being looked into. I hope this gets fixed at Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you 🙂 it helped

Suggested posts