Can't play the current song

Solved!
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: Can't play the current song

JThanos
Regular

2018 2.6GHz MBP

Spotify Desktop for Mac 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d

I noticed spotify would not advance to the next song. A blue banner appears, says "cannot play current song". 

I enabled Crossfade, then set to 0 sec. 

All tracks have now advanced successfully since. Can someone else help verify?

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.12.22 PM.png

KMOX4
Gig Goer

Didnt work for me.

2 people liked this

aleroi
Regular
This worked for me after years of getting the error on every platform.

JThanos
Regular

Same. Spotify for Mac wouldn't advance to the next song. 

I turned Crossfade to ON, then set to 0 sec. Seems to work. Can someone try?

Highlighted

brewer90
Regular

Didn't work for me but I'm on Windows.

1 person liked this

murmand
Casual Listener

Windows 10. I tried all solutions from the thread. Even turning off antivirus, playing from different devices, play.spotify.com (where everything works like a charm)... and nothing worked. Only uninstalling, cleaning all related files from my profile folder and clean install solved the issue.

brewer90
Regular

I've given up on Spotify ever doing anything about this.  I guess they've found the perfect customer service model.  Setup a forum and let the customers figure their own problems out.  Cheapest customer service group ever.

I saw murmand's post and decided to look into what was left after I uninstalled Spotify.  I uninstalled and then did a search for spotify in windows explorer and two spotify folders popped up but neither had anything in them.  They were located in the users\yourname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps folder.  I deleted both of them and then reinstalled Spotify.  

So far so good.  I've been playing without issue for two hours where in the past I couldn't get past 2-3 songs.  I looked back in that Apps folder and now there is just one Spotify folder.  I hope this is it because the lack of actual company support is beyond frustrating.

brewer90
Regular

Well it worked for 21 hours.  Back to the same old can't play the current song after playing two songs.  

dzee

I have tried all the "Solutions" mentioned in this forum and the Solutions do not fix the problem.

I am running the desktop app on a mac. Spotify v. 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 on MacOS 10.12.5

This is a realy problem and the "Solution" tag should be removed

-DN

legy
Visitor

Try to enable explicit song. This worked for me...

SUGGESTED POSTS