Can´t play this song\Error Code 17 Firewall Blocking

Can´t play this song\Error Code 17 Firewall Blocking

Plan: Premium

Device

HP Laptop Pavillion

Operating System

Windows 10

Hi,

All was working fine, but one day my spotify stopped working. it was showing me an error after 5 sec playing a song. "this song can not be played". Also some of my playlists had lots of missing songs. I did couple of reinstalls but no luck. Some suggestions where to clean the cache. so i deleted all in that folder: User\AppData\Local\Spotify. Now i get this Firewall error message: A Firewall may be blocking Spotify! So i turned off the Firewall completely but i still get the error. It works fine on my windows 7 PC and also on my android device. Same account, same network and same internet.

I´ve download Spotify from Spotify.com, not the windows appstore.

BTW in this thread: "[Troubleshooting] Windows" there is a link for a clean install, but the link leads to a 404 page.

Edit: i downloadet spotify via windows store. Same error appear. i see when i enter wrong credentials i an wrong password username error, but when i enter the correct ones i get the firewall error. The web player works but i can't use all settings + it messes with my sound very bad.

2 Replies

Hey!

I had this same issue when I first joined Spotify.

There are a few ways to fix it. Mine was a little more complicated than some other ways. Heres how I fixed mine.
1) In the windows search bar type in Windows Defender Firewall
2) Once you click the first box it should bring you to a control panel page. On that page in the top left corner, click "Allow an App or Feature".
3) Make sure to click the "Change Settings" button at the top.
4) Scroll down to any and all items labeled Spotify and allow them both publicly and privately.
5) Restart your computer after saving the settings.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're on the latest version of Spotify and ALSO make sure your internet connection isn't blocking it if your home/school network has protections installed.

I hope I was of help.

-Colin

Hi, as i said in my first post. My Windows Firewall is disabled. But i did what u said. Still the same error. Sorry for german in screenshotsScreen1.jpg

Some other solutions i read was set the proxy to "no proxy" but i still have no luck.Screen2.jpg

im thinking of get rid of windows 10 and install linux. That would be another solution or a workaround.

Suggested posts