Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't reorder tracks in a playlist

Can't reorder tracks in a playlist

i am trying to rearrange tracks inside a playlist on the desktop app (windows 10) i can't manage to do that. I've been doing that in the web browser app until now, but the browser app has suddenly stop showing new additions to the playlist.  is there a way to do that on the desktop app (I've seen the article that says to left click and drag, but it doesn't work)
thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @darkengel369 

If you're unable to click and drag tracks around in your playlist, take a closer look at the column headers of your playlist - the Title, Album, Artist, date Added and Time. You can sort the playlist by clicking on them, and when the playlist is actively sorted, there should be a green arrow next to one of them. Click on it until it goes away, and then you should be able to rearrange your tracks by dragging them around.

I also had an instance recently when I couldn't drag songs around in my playlist and had no sorting active either. I got it back to work by sorting the playlist for a moment and then turning the sorting off again.

If neither of these work, try reinstalling the client. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for your reply,
I've tried it all but it didn't work.

@darkengel369 

Please post a screenshot or a screen recording on what's happening on your side. 🙂

Just a note - Liked Songs cannot be rearranged, but they can be sorted.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts